What's new

By the 20th?

MDS

I've pre ordered during that last two new devise releases for the surface one and two from Microsoft online. Both times I noticed a charge on my card close to the release date. Then I received an email it had shipped with a tracking number. I tracked it to the date it was to arrive which was on the release date. I pre ordered the pro 3 and I'll bet the process is the same. We should have it in our hands on the 20th at the time your normal delivery guy shows up.

tuchas

I was at an MS Specialty Store today in Milwaukee. I received two different answers from different reps. One group said it would be shipped on the 20th and arrive sometime the same day - which jives with the comment above about a hold on the deliveries until the 20th. The other group stated it ships on the 20th, but don't expect it until the next day. This was maddening. So at this point I have no idea what to believe.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Pardon me for a second here guys/gals but this is one area where Apple does it right! Back in my iPhone/iPad days I had no doubt or guess work as Jobs made it pretty darn clear that if you pre-ordered or went to the store launch day was launch day!

I went to my local Best Buy this afternoon so that I could try to guarantee myself a SP 3 for the 20th and they said that I could pre-order but the computer shows a date range of 20th-27th so I guess I waited too late so I'm gonna have to ride it out with the Microsoft online pre-order and hope for delivery on the 20th.

MDS

Pardon me for a second here guys/gals but this is one area where Apple does it right! Back in my iPhone/iPad days I had no doubt or guess work as Jobs made it pretty darn clear that if you pre-ordered or went to the store launch day was launch day!

I went to my local Best Buy this afternoon so that I could try to guarantee myself a SP 3 for the 20th and they said that I could pre-order but the computer shows a date range of 20th-27th so I guess I waited too late so I'm gonna have to ride it out with the Microsoft online pre-order and hope for delivery on the 20th.

At the last two releases my experience when ordering through Microsoft online the devise arrived on the release date. There were times when various devise configurations and keyboards were shown as out of stock, especially certain colors of keyboards. Perhaps that placed a few on back order. We had a purple type cover on back order the last release date, however it also arrived on the release date. If history means anything, at least as related to Microsoft online, then the devise will arrive on the 20th. Early next week we should be seeing credit card charges followed quickly by notice the devise has shipped. And we should be able to see by using tracking numbers the devise is scheduled for delivery on the 20th.

scfoster

I just placed an order to get the 10% student discount. I was assured that the order would arrive on the 20th.

Still have the order with the physical Microsoft Store in my town, so if it doesn't arrive on time, I can always go there.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

At the last two releases my experience when ordering through Microsoft online the devise arrived on the release date. There were times when various devise configurations and keyboards were shown as out of stock, especially certain colors of keyboards. Perhaps that placed a few on back order. We had a purple type cover on back order the last release date, however it also arrived on the release date. If history means anything, at least as related to Microsoft online, then the devise will arrive on the 20th. Early next week we should be seeing credit card charges followed quickly by notice the devise has shipped. And we should be able to see by using tracking numbers the devise is scheduled for delivery on the 20th.
I hope you are right. All I meant by my Apple comparison was that with my history of Apple orders there was never any guess work as we clearly knew that it would arrive on launch day. But with Microsoft you can just see for yourself at the various responses they are telling their customers. That's all I meant.

Klownicle

I am dreaming of a call from the Microsoft store to say they have arrived early and I can come and pick it up. Wishful thinking. I sent out my SP2 to Gazelle today and have been "getting ready" for the new SP3.

You could have got more through a private sale, at least 100$. These tablets are gold as fully functional pcs.

Cupcakes

I hope I get a shipping notification on the 17th-19th too. With how much we paid for the Surface, I wish they gave us overnight shipping if it ships on the 19th or 20th.

It sucks for those who preordered online that the ones who pre-ordered in stores (which I did before my boyfriend wanted affiliate money from my purchase) get it before we do. :(

Klownicle

I hope I get a shipping notification on the 17th-19th too. With how much we paid for the Surface, I wish they gave us overnight shipping if it ships on the 19th or 20th.

It sucks for those who preordered online that the ones who pre-ordered in stores (which I did before my boyfriend wanted affiliate money from my purchase) get it before we do. :(

I have no doubt those who pre order from the Microsoft Store online will get it on the 20th. Those who pre-ordered on Best Buy's website may have less of a chance. If you pre order in store at Best Buy, if they have enough you will get it on the 20th. However if they don't your gonna have to wait. The best bet is to pre order from a retail Microsoft location or Microsoft online. Microsoft online is my choice, as your ordering direct from the company. No worries of limited supply on release day.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

I have no doubt those who pre order from the Microsoft Store online will get it on the 20th. Those who pre-ordered on Best Buy's website may have less of a chance. If you pre order in store at Best Buy, if they have enough you will get it on the 20th. However if they don't your gonna have to wait. The best bet is to pre order from a retail Microsoft location or Microsoft online. Microsoft online is my choice, as your ordering direct from the company. No worries of limited supply on release day.

I'm glad you have no doubt. I wish I was as confident. I pre-ordered back on 6/6 from Microsoft Store Online and the reason for my doubt is simple. I called and was told to expect it on the 25th. So I wish they also had your confidence! :big smile:

JesseDiaz

I so hope your right this is my first surface ( or any other tablet besides iPad ) and I am more than SUPER anxious to get my hands on it!!!!

JesseDiaz

image.jpg

I saw this somewhere else here.. Made me laugh and then I was sad becuase I know this will be me on the 20th