What's new

Lets hear from the girls.

unruledboy

I bought one, my wife uses it all the time, I barely could get my hangs on it.:D

She is happy with it, far lighter than her old laptop, much more portable, a lot snappier, and, most important, the battery is more than doubled

DeltaXray

My fiancée really likes the SP3. In fact after her first hour with the machine she said 'Why isn't this thing more widely known?' and 'Why isn't everyone using this?'

teck

My 13 years old girl love it. She use it to draw manga and Note to do her homework. One of her friend just bought one after hearing about it :)

OP
B

bluegrass

She bought the Dell (Well I bought it) for her trip to El Salvador and then our family vacation around the British Isles this summer. She doesn't use it often, but she wanted a cheap lite tablet for traveling because she didn't want to risk her SP2/SP3 getting damaged has she is working on her PHD in Psychology and all of the work happens on the SP3...

Sounds like this topic might be good one for her to use in working towards her PHD.

OP
B

bluegrass

For her, computers are tools and she is much more interested in People Issues. Not to sound arrogant but if she has computer issues she asks me and I fix them....

This is perfect example of what I thought would be interesting for us all to learn; what are the differences of how men and women typically approach their involvement with computers? Knowing these differences might also help us with relationships with one another.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I concur....but I even brought up this thread with her and she flat out said that the idea of going on a forum to discuss the SP3 is something she would not be interested in....but she will share her experience with fellow PHD Candidates and others she knows and interacts with IRL.

She is active in multiple online communities, they are just not technical in nature.

annabanana

I'm a lady, but then I'm total geek too.... I've never owned anything apple, but then I'm not a normal girl as I have zero interest in shoes either. Give me a pair of comfy converse and I'm happy.

I can relate. I can easily spend hundreds for a shiny new tech toy like the SP3, but I have a hard time bringing myself to spend hundreds on clothes, handbags, shoes, even household items like new furniture and appliances. $1200 for SP3, keyboard and cover seems like less money than say, $1200 for a new sofa.

malberttoo

Interesting, a couple members have turned out to be female, when I previously had thought they were male. Nothing wrong with that of course, but now it changes the way their posts sound to me when I read them... :D

OP
B

bluegrass

I can relate. I can easily spend hundreds for a shiny new tech toy like the SP3, but I have a hard time bringing myself to spend hundreds on clothes, handbags, shoes, even household items like new furniture and appliances. $1200 for SP3, keyboard and cover seems like less money than say, $1200 for a new sofa.

Lady. You're a gal after my own heart and I suspect a lot of guys here. Actually my ex was that way too but she wasn't into tech stuff and now she does micro support at a community college.