What's new

Loose Surface Pro 3 Kickstand

OP
C

Conley

Mine too, theres a little play, very slightly, when its closed.

I ended up putting some tape on the hinge, works very well. Its tight now. As a bonus, pushing the kickstand back in feels more substantial, kinda like closing the door of a Mercedes.
WP_20141220_004.jpg
Thank you, I will try this.

OP
C

Conley

Mine too, theres a little play, very slightly, when its closed.

I ended up putting some tape on the hinge, works very well. Its tight now. As a bonus, pushing the kickstand back in feels more substantial, kinda like closing the door of a Mercedes.
WP_20141220_004.jpg
I found something that might just work even better, I put these http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/330718/Scotch-Restickable-Mounting-Dots-Clear-Circles/ on the back, behind the kickstand. It bulges out slightly in the middle where I put it, but I might find a way to cut it down. Thanks for the help!

ScottyS

Please stop with the sarcastic answers. Does your SP3's kickstand slide around just a little when closed?
What do you mean by "slide around"? Do you mean it wobbles left and right, in directions it's not supposed to move? That is abnormal.
There have been threads here before on loose stands, many people (myself included) have it have little resistance while swinging out from 5º to about 10º and then it gets firm and swings out stiffly with the normal resistance. Many (on the other threads) have exchanged them just to find the new one does the same.

OP
C

Conley

What do you mean by "slide around"? Do you mean it wobbles left and right, in directions it's not supposed to move? That is abnormal.
There have been threads here before on loose stands, many people (myself included) have it have little resistance while swinging out from 5º to about 10º and then it gets firm and swings out stiffly with the normal resistance. Many (on the other threads) have exchanged them just to find the new one does the same.
What I mean is when it is in tablet mode, and the kickstand is not in use, you can push around on the kickstand and it slides back and fourth and up and down. So when you are holding it as a tablet, whenever you move your hands to touch the screen the bottom where you are holding (the kickstand) slides just a little.

OP
C

Conley

I should also add that there is a little nick on the back of my kickstand, right from the factory. It is very obvious when looking at it. Does anybody else have something like this?

ptrkhh

I should also add that there is a little nick on the back of my kickstand, right from the factory. It is very obvious when looking at it. Does anybody else have something like this?
I think that's only aesthetics. Just like most aesthetics defects, the Most important question has to be, are you bothered by this? If not, then just carry on. Some people are having worse issues than that: pen not working, battery not charging, plastic strip mismatches, Type Cover not workimg

OP
C

Conley

I think that's only aesthetics. Just like most aesthetics defects, the Most important question has to be, are you bothered by this? If not, then just carry on. Some people are having worse issues than that: pen not working, battery not charging, plastic strip mismatches, Type Cover not workimg
I don't know why you are not just returning it already.
Because this would be the third device that I would have returned in the past two weeks, two Yoga 3 Pros and then this Surface.