What's new

[Solved] Reveal taskbar in metro apps

busanga

[Not Solved] Reveal taskbar in metro apps

When I put the cursor of my mouse on bottom of screen in metro app , nothing happens, if I slide mouse to right side so charms pop out, then slide mouse down, taskbar reveals itself, is this normal ?

Last edited:

jefhart

My taskbar comes up when I drag the cursor along the bottom of the screen in metro mode. Have you tried rebooting?

xramz

My task bar doesn't show either. Is there a setting?

EDIT: Got it working
You have to tick the box that says "Show windows store apps in the taskbar" on the taskbar settings.

Last edited:

jefhart

My task bar doesn't show either. Is there a setting?

EDIT: Got it working
You have to tick the box that says "Show windows store apps in the taskbar" on the taskbar settings.

Interesting. I never checked this box, I just noticed it pop up one day after the big update.

OP
B

busanga

Not solved.. mine is ticked and task bar still doesn't pop up unless I do some funky moves with the mouse as I described in op

xramz

Not solved.. mine is ticked and task bar still doesn't pop up unless I do some funky moves with the mouse as I described in op

Yeah the task bar will hide until you move the mouse along the bottom of the metro app.

OP
B

busanga

Not Solved reveal taskbar in metro apps

Nope doesn't work. Still have to go to side then down then along slightly for it to reveal, and even that is not consistent. I don't think Microsoft expects us to do that funky manoeuvre so I say NOT Solved until we know why it does this.

xramz

Mmm weird. I just have to drag my mouse along the bottom of the screen for it to appear.
Sometimes i have to move the mouse more aggressively to make it appear though

OP
B

busanga

Got some taskbar tweaking software running, going to uninstall that ,see what happens. Will keep forum posted.