What's new

We all get new computers tomorrow - Monthly Tuesday update

bluegrass

Let's get some feedback here on the latest update. I look forward to getting a new SP3 every month full of surprises. How about you all.

kristalsoldier

Mixed feelings. Though none of the past updates have caused any problems for my SP3, I am always a bit apprehensive when MS issues updates - especially firmware updates. That said, I wonder if there are any firmware updates for the SP3 this time around.

mtalinm

I'd be careful. the December SP2 update killed battery life and they didn't fix it for a month. I would set updates to notify-but-let-me-install

DeltaXray

Are we talking about general monthly Windows Updates here or does Surface get some extra love? (only had a Surface device just over a week here...)

OP
B

bluegrass

Are we talking about general monthly Windows Updates here or does Surface get some extra love? (only had a Surface device just over a week here...)

You'll love it. That is the Surface. I think there is suppose to be a major firmware updated tomorrow.

Zog1971

Hi all. I just made a thread about this, but wondering if anyone else here had the 8/19/14 firmware update REINSTALL!? today. I'm very confused as my system shows that it successfully installed on 8/20 and I honestly have felt some issues that I was having have been fixed. Then, today my computer says it has updates that will be installed on reboot. After a very fast reboot, my update history shows the 8/19/14 was installed again. I was wondering if it had something to do with getting ready for tomorrows updates but I think I may be the only one that has this happening. Any ideas whats up? Did the first one not install? I have not uninstalled or changed anything since 8/19
history.JPG

OP
B

bluegrass

Zog. It didn't happen to me today but I have had the same thing happen to me in the past. It seems as though I may have had the 8\19 firmware install a second time but I just looked and my update history doesn't go far enough back for me to confirm that. It seems as though updates sometimes have a mind of their own.

dstrauss

I will be watching from the sidelines for a few days before installing the updates..

I'm with raqball - I now wait as much as a week for everything except Defender updates - twice burned with automatic updates and the difficulty of removing faulty ones (I HATE THE REGISTRY!).

Kris

If we get a firmware update I just hope they fix the Bluetooth issues they caused with the 8/19 update.