What's new

websites not loading...

Steve Kidd

After logging into godaddy, I go to website builder management page but it will not load. Says "this page can't be displayed" and when I hit "fix problem", it says no problem detected. Any ideas?

leeshor

Ah, you didn't mention it HAD been working. That's pretty important. Which browser are you using? If IE, MUI or Desktop. That also could be important.

mui IE is pretty slow when it comes to loading pages whether you are trying to go back or start up a new page. Sometimes you just have to hit the "go" button multiple times.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Uhhh...i don't know what's what on that question. Where do I go to find that out?
Are you launching IE from the Start Screen or Desktop? Generally if from Start Screen it's the MUI version otherwise it's Desktop IE.

ok, if it was working and isn't now or in the future, there may be an issue with cached content, try clearing the cache.

It might also be a compatibility issue, to use compatibility mode open the site using Desktop IE then click/touch the gear icon in the upper right menu bar, Select - Compatibility View Settings and add the site.

If that doesn't work use the Report Website Problems option and contact the site about the issue they may be aware of specific settings or configurations needed for their site. I recently contacted a problem site and after the requisite whining about testing their site they fixed it... chalked up to laziness.