What's new

8.1 Outlook broke my email

pallentx

Uninstalled mail, people, calendar and then reinstalled it. It let me setup my Hotmail account and its working, but when I try to setup my IMAP/Fastmail account and my work exchange account, it wont connect. I guess I'll try Outlook. I don't really care about using Outlook and prefer the Mail, Calendar, People apps, but until they get this fixed, I might not have a choice. Wifi seems to be acting a little weird too, but I did eventually get connected.

pallentx

Anyone who is using Outlook. Will Win 8.1 it let you share to it. Like the other Mail App.
It doesn't show up as an option on my RT. I don't think any Desktop apps interact at all with anything on the Charms bar. Devices, Settings, Search are all handled in traditional legacy program menus.

tonyz3

It doesn't show up as an option on my RT. I don't think any Desktop apps interact at all with anything on the Charms bar. Devices, Settings, Search are all handled in traditional legacy program menus.
Thanks, i was just hoping they surprised us with a share option but oh well.

RSteinwand

RS - What about the Start is a fail? I have the same background on my Start Screen as I do on my desktop and the All App view is easy to get too...

How many people are going to know that you have to long-press it to get the extended menu items? O/W all it does is return you to the tiles, which the logo below the screen will do and is easier.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately the return of the Start Button was for laptop and desktop users who don't have the Windows Button on their screen. Granted it has built into their keyboards for 15 years....

tonyz3

it was just a matter of time before the "dreaded start button came up" There are apps for that. I just downloaded an app for my note 8.0 to pull down the status bar in full screen apps. I never once said Google had failed for not including this option- that is what devs. are for......

pallentx

Fixed my mail!

I'm not really sure how or why, but all my accounts are working now.
I removed Mail, People, Calendar, Messaging again.
Rebooted
Opened the store, searched for mail and installed Mail, People, Calendar, Messaging AGAIN
Opened mail and configured accounts and they all work now.

I have no idea why doing this before didn't fix things, but the 3rd time is the charm - maybe it was he reboot after I removed the apps.