What's new

Accessory? Keyboard to SP3 cord for airplanes

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I can even top that...

It works on my Mac, too. I am typing this with it right now...

Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 2.04.54 PM.png

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Here is my Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Adapter being used with my Surface Pro 3 i7 512.
Look how nicely the tubular adapter rolls under, giving the proper angle for the keyboard, as if it was attached to my Surface.

wka_1.JPG

wka_5.JPG

wka_6.JPG

r0b123

That's great! I have a MBP retina and will be using it for both then. :) Need both systems for work and play, so its great to use devices that are compatible with each other. I just bought a MS BT sculpt mouse and it works on both devices as well.

Bandito

The radio blackout on airlines was only during landing and takeoff and the FAA recently relaxed the ruling to allow you to use electronic devices at any time by leaving it up to the airlines to decide. Most have opted to allow it, as there haven't been any problems that can be traced back to their usage onboard.

And, if you thought that everyone onboard followed the rule and actually turned everything off like they were supposed to before, I've got a bridge to sell you!

DXL007

I fly weekly. The only thing you can not have on is a cellular radio, you can have on Bluetooth and WiFi. I have a Gogo account so I surf the internet and talk to my wife via Skype while in the air as well as use my Bluetooth headphones to listen to music or watch a movie. So this adapter would be fine.

From United Hemispheres magazine - latest issue:

upload_2014-8-7_7-19-2.png

It is up to the individual airlines to allow various PEDs, which must, by FAA regs, be certified as conforming by the airline. I know of no airline that allows Bluetooth.

DXL007

It will become more and more common as the new FAA regulation gets adopted by individual airlines.

I wear my Bluetooth headset in from the time I drop off my rental car till the time I land.