What's new

Advanced replacement turnaround time?

Ruffles

For those of you that have used the Advanced replacement program, how long did it take? I was told 3 business days. It's been 3 business days and my order still says processing. I was hoping for a tracking number by now.

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

So, it's been 5 business days since Microsoft started my Advanced Replacement. I was supposed to receive my new surface in 3 - 5 days but the status of my order has said "processing" and never changed. I called them this morning to find out whats up. The rep couldn't figure anything out. She simply said it shows her the same thing as me - "processing". She said the only solution was to escalate me up to the "Care" group who will contact me in - you guessed it - 3 to 5 business days!

This sucks.

jomon

Count me in as another disappointed customer who got suckered into an "advanced exchange" option. I checked on the status of my order today because I have yet to received a shipping noticed (they promised to ship the replacement in 24 to 48 hours) and guess what? They have not entered my replacement order yet!! WT.....!!. I feel sorry for the "Care" group fella who will be calling me because I'm gonna be yelling

So, it's been 5 business days since Microsoft started my Advanced Replacement. I was supposed to receive my new surface in 3 - 5 days but the status of my order has said "processing" and never changed. I called them this morning to find out whats up. The rep couldn't figure anything out. She simply said it shows her the same thing as me - "processing". She said the only solution was to escalate me up to the "Care" group who will contact me in - you guessed it - 3 to 5 business days!

This sucks.

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

Glad to know I'm not the only one is this boat. The wait for my initial Surface was bad enough but I think this is even worse. My Surface still works fine - except for the keyboard so I can play around with it but I hate to spend time setting it up when I'm just going to have to redo everything when the replacement comes :(.

mranieri

Where did you buy your Surface? I bought mine at a Microsoft store and they replaced two right there! No waiting.......

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

Where did you buy your Surface? I bought mine at a Microsoft store and they replaced two right there! No waiting.......
No MS stores in Idaho :(. I pre-ordered and got mine on release day from Best Buy.

jomon

Well what do you know. MS has finally shipped my replacement after I called earlier today and discovered that they have not even entered my order 3 days after they were supposed to have done it!! I guess I should have called earlier.

heather70732

I am dealing with the same thing, I sent mine back last Tues. for a warranty replacement. Micro sd card not reading, and they sent me a label for overnight. They got it on Wed. , and I still show processing, and have not gotten my new one! This sucks because I am a student, and needed it over the weekend. Instead I had to stay home to do all my work on my desktop.

Search tags for this page
advanced exchange surface
microsoft advance replacement
microsoft advanced replacement
microsoft surface advance exchange

microsoft surface advanced exchange

microsoft surface advanced replacement

microsoft surface pro advanced replacement

surface advanced exchange

surface advanced replacement
surface pro advanced exchange

Members online