What's new

Anyone find the forum software ironic?

goodintentions

The surface is primarily a touch screen device, yes? Why is the forum dedicated to the surface family using software that is specifically for a mouse? I'm talking about having to hover a mouse over a thread to get the page links to appear.

Tsurugaya

I don't think there are any touch aware forum boards available yet. Haven't encountered anything like that. XenForo might be somewhat more touch friendly.

daniielrp

The surface is primarily a touch screen device, yes? Why is the forum dedicated to the surface family using software that is specifically for a mouse? I'm talking about having to hover a mouse over a thread to get the page links to appear.

Well it's an IE problem really :/

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Actually of all the Forum Software XenForo is the best for touch, you really seldom need to click on the page number, just by selecting the thread it goes to the latest post since you last visited (at least using IE). This works on my Windows Phone as well....

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
My two sons find it ironic that I work with very high-tech geophysical data, radiation data, heat and chemical data, satellite surveillance, etc., yet the phone in my office still has a curly cord connection to the handset.

So to taunt them, and have a bit of fun, I sometimes make calls on my iPhone with this app (Vintagephone):

image.jpg

ScottyS

The surface is primarily a touch screen device, yes? . . .
Well, yes. Your point is well taken. But my SP3 is also my home desktop and laptop replacement and because of the complexity of the software I use it for at work, I often have pull my Microsoft Arc mouse out of my pocket and use a mouse with a tablet. I guess that's ironic too:).

silkrooster

Yep that is ironic, you can actually tell the women that you really do have a mouse in the pocket. I assume you heard the phrase. I will leave at that. LOL.

CrippsCorner

It's also kind of ironic that it's the only forum I visit (and I visit a lot lol) that jitters and lags and I scroll around it :(

ptrkhh

Just hover the pen to make those things appear. I do that all the time (and, as a result, the AAAA battery seems to be low after just 3 months). Bet you cant do the same on most (toy) tablets...