What's new

Best bluetooth keyboard?

krustycheerio

I'm looking to buy an alternate bluetooth keyboard so I can connect my Surface Pro 3 to the TV and do some programming on it. What bluetooth keyboards would you recommend?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depends how you like to work and how you like to type. Does it need a built in mouse? Do you need a dedicated num pad? Does it need to be full size?

I have not used a desk for a computer in about 8 years, I have solely used an htpc setup (sans htpc software) and a logitech dinovo edge. works perfectly. In fact works so well i bought a second edge for a different computer and tv. But it doesn't have a numpad which might not work to well for various professional applications be it programming or simply data entry.

I don't think i can honestly say there is a best one due to the variety of features one will offer over the other and vicce versa. For instance i'd love to buy the logitech k810 i think it is, for it's multi-device ability, but i then lose out on the touch pad of the edge. But then I also love my hp mini bluetooth for its size and looks and £20 price tag, but it lacks many buttons and features.

wertzius

The Sony PS3 Bluetooth Keyboard is awesome! It has a trackpoint, is very mobile and is much cheaper than the Lenovo one.

Tsurugaya

It is a bit pricey, but build quality is superb and the lid for the keyboard works to turn it off when attached and then you can fold it and use it as a stand if you like to type in portrait mode. Microsoft Wedge Keyboard.