What's new

Fiddling with the magnetic power charger cord

mesii23

Mine has managed to not get scratched but it is still annoying as hell to use, it shouldn't take 10-20 seconds to attach the thing properly

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

mesii23

Well I just sold the thing and bought a Chromebook in a strange twist to end the day, so the power connector is no longer a concern

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

bosamar

Well I just sold the thing and bought a Chromebook in a strange twist to end the day, so the power connector is no longer a concern
Congratulations on the Chrome book. No sense in keeping something that drives you crazy.

souldier

I found a way to get the chord in every time flawlessly. When trying to attach to the surface, put one end in first at an angle then the other side will follow. I can get the chord in every time in a 1 second. Give it a try. If you don't understand what I mean let me know and I'll make a video. I agree though that they should of designed it to connect as easily as they do on apple notebooks

Nemesis296

I found a way to get the chord in every time flawlessly. When trying to attach to the surface, put one end in first at an angle then the other side will follow. I can get the chord in every time in a 1 second. Give it a try. If you don't understand what I mean let me know and I'll make a video. I agree though that they should of designed it to connect as easily as they do on apple notebooks

Yes, that makes it infinitely easier. Verified to work pretty easily.

Ruffles

I think the problem comes from them making the connector so small. While the wire itself is semi flexible, you still end up having to hold it by the wire and twist and rotate it till the connector is perfectly parallel to the device and then it will snap in. If they had mad the connector bigger so you had something to hold onto while you twist the cable etc. It would be easier.

OP
plasm0

plasm0

A video would be nice... are you able to get it connected without having to look at the side of the Surface? (by just feel) ?

souldier

No I still have to look and aim. Try doing what I explained for yourself. I will see if I can do a video