What's new

How do I upgrade to RT 8.1 if I had preview?

chatterbot

I'm not seeing an update in the Windows store or when I go to the control panel to find updates. I have Windows RT 8.1 preview. What am I doing wrong?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Install the optional updates and Firmware Update reboot and it should show up in the Store if not I put a link in the other thread to force it...

borka105

I still can't get it to work. I installed the firmware update and I've gone to the store all day and still don't see it. It shows me the new Facebook app etc. but I can't install it because I don't have 8.1. Still not sure what to do to make it appear...

borka105

All that link does is open up the store and the store doesn't show the update for me. This is so strange. I have no freakin idea what to do...

borka105

I tried to force it using the other link you provided to be pasted in the browser.. and it gave me a message that the update failed immediately because of error code: 0x80200056

Any clue what this error code is? Nothing comes up when I did a search.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Go to the Desktop Control Panel version of Windows Update and verify that you've installed all of the updates.

quickdraw95

I'm having the exact same issues as Borka and have been following this thread all evening. Everything on mine is also up to date, trying to go from preview, but still no 8.1 update available. I have an RT 64, with 24.8 gigs free. Any help would be most appreciated...