What's new

I have a bent Surface Pro 3

mrschwarz

Mine was naked. It fell off the couch and hit the floor (about 18"). It dented the corner and cracked the screen. Touch no longer works. Based on my experience with other portable electronics, the Surface is not the most rugged device I have ever owned.

RémiM

Mine was naked. It fell off the couch and hit the floor (about 18"). It dented the corner and cracked the screen. Touch no longer works. Based on my experience with other portable electronics, the Surface is not the most rugged device I have ever owned.

Well, the surface of the screen is much larger than on other devices, it seems normal to me that it is more fragile.

Moreover the kinetic energy of the SP3 when the device is dropped is higher compared to other tablets because of the extra weight of the SP3.

Mechanics and (thin) materials have their limits (contrarily to what marketing wants us to believe) !

You crash a Smart car or a tank at 50mph on a wall, you don't expect the same result on the structure, do you ?

By the way hard materials (like Gorilla glass or other type of hard glass) are very hard and resist to scratches but are also very fragile. Like a ceramic plate. You drop it, you brake it. But when you cut your pizza, you never scratch it.