What's new

I just want to know why Microsoft?

andy3090

Quick intro, I am an AVID windows 8.1 user and lover and I understand that new technology has its glitches, please do not come with comments that I am biased or impatient or anything of the sort.

My father and I have purchased the new SP3s and we truly love them. Especially me! I sold my Yoga gen 1 and my Surface 2 JUST to pay for my SP3 and what a machine. This is the machine that Microsoft should have made when they announced the SP2 (understandable, technology wasn't as advanced back then). The SP3 has received many updates since then to try to fix various things, and I am very appreciative for that.

But I have one question MS: why is it that EVERYTIME you guys send out a fix, something else gets broken?

My father at the moment uses an iMac as his main and just recently started to see the beauty in WP8.1, yet he is struggling to stray away from a Mac Book Pro because he keeps having issues with all these updates that fix one thing but break another! While I am trying to convert him to full Windows, the SP3 will just give him another reason to consider getting a mac book pro instead.

Microsoft, it gets tiring when you have to keep reformatting your computer to fix issues that keep popping up, especially when you have VPNs and multiple programs installed (he is an engineer) and you have to spend a day re installing and setting that all back up (I know you can re image, but you'll bring the issues back in with an image).

Trust me MS, I want you guys to succeed! Many of us on these forums want you guys to succeed! You have come out with such a game changing device (Sp3) that people HAVE to give you guys a shot almost! it's so amazing (SP3).

Yet, when all us loyal fans (with the patience) do all this good talk on your behalf, and then you cant even keep your own product from not crashing, how do you expect people to switch over to windows versus going over to apple? Again, I understand that different people have different things going on their computer, but please, try to at least get your own device working properly. This is what is expected when you purchase your own device vs. purchasing from Lenovo and HP (both excellent brands!).

Please Microsoft, take this more seriously. don't rush to do things. it's better to take two weeks to do one thing correct the first time vs one week for a quick fix.

Please Microsoft, help people like me, that give you free marketing and really love your product and envision your vision with you, help you :)

Sincerely,

A truly loyal Microsoft fan

PS: i'm sure I speak on behalf of thousands of other SP3 users and maybe even Windows 8.1 users, please help us Microsoft

OP
A

andy3090

......................................... MAJOR FAIL! I could have sworn this was the official forum

I'm gonna repost this in the official Microsoft forums :)

wynand32

In all fairness to Microsoft, you could write that same letter, essentially intact (substituting the manufacturer and product names) for just about any other device on the market. Certainly, my SP3 has been as reliable for me (not nearly perfect, mind you) as my MacBook Air has been. Different people have different experiences, certainly--your Father's Macs might perform perfectly for how he uses them. Such is the nature of technology.

Not apologizing for Microsoft here, and it never hurts to let them know that they have work to do. I'm just a firm believer in being even-handed.

double07

I am a go to guy at work and family when it comes time to purchase electronic devices. As much as I like the SP3 (I have one) and its many little issues. Those people who talked to me about SF3, I pretty much recommend NOT to get it, at least not at the current time. Unless they prepare to deal with some issues. This is a premium product, I expected it to be more stable. I have to reboot mine 2-3 times a day so I can use it.

OP
A

andy3090

In all fairness to Microsoft, you could write that same letter, essentially intact (substituting the manufacturer and product names) for just about any other device on the market. Certainly, my SP3 has been as reliable for me (not nearly perfect, mind you) as my MacBook Air has been. Different people have different experiences, certainly--your Father's Macs might perform perfectly for how he uses them. Such is the nature of technology.

Not apologizing for Microsoft here, and it never hurts to let them know that they have work to do. I'm just a firm believer in being even-handed.

Yea you are correct, my dad does do multiple different things than I do (my SP3 is about 90%-95% flawless). That's why I made sure give praise along with the constructive criticism.

OP
A

andy3090

I am a go to guy at work and family when it comes time to purchase electronic devices. As much as I like the SP3 (I have one) and its many little issues. Those people who talked to me about SF3, I pretty much recommend NOT to get it, at least not at the current time. Unless they prepare to deal with some issues. This is a premium product, I expected it to be more stable. I have to reboot mine 2-3 times a day so I can use it.

Double07, my father and I do with our family just like you so with yours haha

I agree that the SP3 is still too much of an infant to be a more robust package, yet, I expected more for a premium device straight from MS