What's new

I screwed myself today. (fresh buy+broken screen)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very good to hear... especially with School just around the corner... maybe some have already started.

JimB

Great news. As hard as it is for ifixit to replace the screen I would hope Microsoft has no issue doing this and putting yours back into their inventory.

Kif

Congrats, I'm glad to hear MS took care of you. Thumbs up to MS. Thumbs down to Best Buy (surprise).

Last edited:

ipaq_101

update: microsoft complete has taken care of me. I got my new replacement on the spot! I guess its a blessing in disguise because with out breaking my screen, I wouldn't know about complete and it would be something I would of purchased if I knew about it from the start.

moral of the story....open your new toys on a mattress....;):)

So glad it worked out for you, more importantly they kept you as a current and future customer.

My dealings with people at the MS store and the online support team have been terrific.

RottenMutt

No, I don't disagree. It's dishonest to buy a policy to cover something that's already broken, unless the cover stated it was retroactive, it that would basically be fraudulent. But it is indeed one of these kind of "you you don't tell I won't tell" cover policies. By offering the policy for a select time after purchase as a show of flexibility to customers, they are willingly accepting that the policy will end up covering devices that broke within that time frame. ..
you get a grace period of 30 days, so don't feel guilty. the policy is back dated to the day you bought your device anyway. if you bought it 30 (or 45 days) days after you purchased your SP3 you would have lost a month of coverage....

kristalsoldier

update: microsoft complete has taken care of me. I got my new replacement on the spot! I guess its a blessing in disguise because with out breaking my screen, I wouldn't know about complete and it would be something I would of purchased if I knew about it from the start.

Excellent news! And, I am glad that MS took care of the problem. Gives me more confidence in their service. I think MS should go all the way in supporting the SP3 (which they seem to be doing anyways). That only makes the devices that much more attractive than what it already is!

dleuen

Great news indeed! It is great to see Microsoft taking care of its customers. This is the first device I've ever purchased an extended warranty for and this makes me feel even better about it.

raqball

OP that is awesome! And I mean awesome!

I am happy to hear that Microsoft stepped up to the plate and took care of you. This makes me feel ever better about my choice to abandon Apple and Mac for MS.

10 thumbs up to MS!

dman27

moral of the story....open your new toys on a mattress....;):)

So glad it worked out for you, more importantly they kept you as a current and future customer.

My dealings with people at the MS store and the online support team have been terrific.

Completely agree with this. MS has incredible Service and support on their devices.

To the OP, glad to hear you got it taken care of. Your heart must have just sank when it fell and you discovered the broken glass. I read a thread where someone's dog bit the corner of their SP3 and it cracked the screen; I guess the dog has a habit of chewing on things.