What's new

Keyboard - What "R" you doing?

Just ecently (see what I mean?) the R key on my Microsoft keyboard cover has started playing up (although, as you can also see, not all the time).

It will occasionally not work on the first go - as evidenced by the second word of that first sentence - and occasionally will prroduce something like that <-----

More often than not though, it's fine and dandy. Has anyone got any ideas what could be up?

Many thanks.

nipponham

Sounds like a simple faulty key. As far as I know, there is no way to fix specific keys, and if a refresh and re-installation of the keyboard driver doesn't fix it, you'll have to replace the typecover. I hope it's still under warranty.

zhenya

I would suspect a faulty key or scissor switch. My first type cover had one scissor switch that didn't snap as crisply as the others - making it difficult for me to get the immediate feedback that it had been pressed. I returned it for another and none of the keys are as bad, but some still snap more positively than others.

One thing to look for is the possibility that a small piece of debris has gotten wedged under the key. This is not uncommon with switches of this type. Does it feel any different than the other keys?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ha, On of my fingers is a little short... due to an accident... I have the dropped letter syndrome with several keys. :)

Gah, One no On. LOL not 'no', not.