What's new

Linking Gmail on Surface Pro 3

qwertyy

Hi guys,

I am very new to SP3 (got mine today actually) and I have no idea how to connect my gmail account to this device.
I tried using the default mail app and it keeps forcing me to use Microsoft account.
Does anyone know how to connect gmail?

ctitanic

Unfortunately there is a war going on between the two companies so at this moment you need to use a live.com account. That does not mean that you cannot check your emails on Gmail using the mail App.

Below The

Pretty much a newbie too.

Maybe this helps?:

Mail app
The first time you start the Mail app:

• If you have signed in to Surface with a Microsoft account, your mail account is already set up. You can then add other accounts, from Outlook, Gmail, AOL, Yahoo!, and even your work email (Exchange ActiveSync).
  • If you have signed in to Surface with a local account, your mail account is not yet set up. You’ll need to get a Microsoft account, and then use the email address from your Microsoft account to begin using the Mail app on your Surface. After that first mail account has been established, you can add other accounts as well.
To add an email account:

Step 1:On the Start screen, tap or click Mail.
Step 2:Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and tap Settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and click Settings.)
Step 3:Tap or click Accounts.
Step 4:Tap or click Add an account, choose the type of account you want to add, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Most accounts can be added with only your user name and password. In some cases, you’ll be asked for more details, which you can usually find on your email account’s website.
Repeat Steps 2 through 4 for each of your email accounts.