What's new

make button open snippng tool

seth0987654321

Im probably the first person to think "Gee I would rather open snipping tool to capture a portion of the screen r than an entire screen grab"

Anyway when I open the Surface App and go to customize the button clicks. I can't find snipping tool. It opens the file browser and I navigate to the folders "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" but no snipping tool.
I search Snipping tool-nothing.

Can I make the button on surface pen open snipping tool?

Thanks
Seth

ScottyS

In Settings/Pen & Windows Ink the "Press and hold (only supported on some pens)" lets you browse to an executable file. Browse to C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe

upload_2016-11-6_5-18-49.png

OP
S

seth0987654321

Thanks for the quick response but my system is a little different...

In settings, it only says pen not "Pen and windows ink" When I click that there are no options to customize the pen.

In the Surface app there is an option to customize the pen. However I do not get "launch a classic app"

I chose "launch a desktop app" and when I browse to Windows:System32 there is no snipping tool.

Attachments

ScottyS

Thanks for the quick response but my system is a little different...

In settings, it only says pen not "Pen and windows ink" When I click that there are no options to customize the pen.

In the Surface app there is an option to customize the pen. However I do not get "launch a classic app"

I chose "launch a desktop app" and when I browse to Windows:System32 there is no snipping tool.
Are you running Windows 8 ?
My Settings/Pen and Windows Ink are a Win10 AU new feature.

For some reason my Surface app only once had the settings to customize the pen button one time and since it doesn't. I think it was caused when I installed SP4 pen drivers for my SP4 pen on my SP3 (you should have those since you have the SP4). So I rely on the extra settings in Settings that came in the Anniversary Update.

Perhaps someone will know of a registry hack that will let you launch Snipping Tool with pen button.

Search tags for this page

launch snipping tool with surface pen

select the snipping tool for the surface pen

snippping tool button surfacepen

surface pen will only do snippet