What's new

Messaging App Bug?

alantang

I've connected the pre-installed Messaging app on my Surface to my Facebook account.

I can start conversations and my friends can see them. When they reply, I don't see anything on my screen, but I can keep sending my friends messages.

What's funnier is that I hopped onto my PC, had a lengthy chat with my friend on FB. Back on my Surface, the Messaging app seemed to be following the conversation - but it only show MY messages. My friend's messages are strangely absent from the chat.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Aw: Messaging App Bug?

Although this happend on several occasions with my surface, it seems your friends will have to change their fb-privacy settings - especially sharing some data like name and on/off status to apps used by their friends.

OP
A

alantang

I just went to FB with my wife's account, went to the section "How people bring your info to apps they use" and ticked everything.

Then she sent me a message - and I still can't see it in the Messaging app.

ArnoldC

I've been using the Messaging app even before the RT, i.e., Windows 8 Preview, and the issues didn't manifest at all. I use this all the time. This inconsistency, is somewhat baffling.

Search tags for this page
how to answer messages on facebook surface app

messaging on surface

microsoft surface messaging app

microsoft surface messenger app issues
surface 2 message about apps

surface messaging app

surface messaging app issue
surface rt what is messaging
surface to mobile phone texting app for microsoft surface

where is the messaging app for surface

Members online