What's new

Microsoft - Pointing Drawing - Update: Microsoft Hardware Bluetooth Device 9/23/2015

OP
D

dld44

I just installed it. It is: Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > Microsoft Hardware Bluetooth Device. Driver Version 1.8.132.0. Old driver was 9.5.172.0, 12/12/2013. I cannot detect any operational differences with either MS Sculpt Comfort Mouse or Surface Pen, my two BT devices. Maybe time will tell.

If anyone wonders why I'm paying such close attention to this, it's the problem where MS isn't disclosing information about updates with W10. I want to know what is going onto my system before I allow it. As an example of why, note my Micro SD Card entry here. How exactly will an IS department manage potentially thousands of workstations running W10 without knowledge of what kind of harm these updates may cause? Hopefully MS will be disclosing update content to enterprise users? If not, I don't see many companies moving to W10. I'm sure there is an ongoing discussion about W10, MS's new non-disclosure policy with updates, and large users. Can someone point me to a thread discussing that?
DaveD