What's new

Microsoft Surface Shipping - United Kingdom/Germany/France

Twisticles

I have no updates, no emails and no tracking number. I think it is safe to say I will not be receiving my Surface anytime soon. Did anyone else in the UK receive a tracking number email from ms before they had theirs delivered?

I got the fifty quid email from them last Friday, saying delivery between 26th and 30th, then it just turned up. No email/tracking number for me.

batchman77

Went onto live chat in the store this morning as my order is still showing as in process. They are now not making any promises that I will receive my Surface today.

info: Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly.
info: Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Steven M'.
Steven M: Thank you for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! How can I help you today?
Martin Batchelor: Hi, I am trying to find out if my Surface will be delivered today as promised. My order number is *****8
Steven M: Everything seems to be in order
Steven M: For any information regarding Surface I recommend you to contact the special Surface Department on 0800 0260 329 and chose the #9 in the menu.
Martin Batchelor: Do you have a tracking order as I was assured that this would be available prior to delivery
Steven M: You will be notified by email about the shipment and the delivery date, also you will have a tracking number.
Martin Batchelor: But surely I should have that by now if all seems to be in order
Steven M: I have spoke with some customers that received their Surface, without a shipment email
Martin Batchelor: So can you guarantee I am to receive my order today as promised
Steven M: We are doing our best to ship all the tablets from our warehouse
Martin Batchelor: So no guarantee then
Steven M: I cannot guarantee that
Martin Batchelor: So if it is not delivered today what is going to be done.
Steven M: I advise you to contact the Surface Department for options

macintosh

I've not had any email - but I'm not in the country - it will get delivered as I had it sent to work, so hopefully its there waiting for me when i get back on monday

kricke

Haleluja!
It has arrived, delivered by UPS without notice from MS.
Right now, at this very moment, it is on my desk, still in its shipment packaging.
And I have not time to unbox it right now.

By the way, the UPS guy - who is driving all over town - told me that a lot of people are not at home or at the office. Nobody knows that they will get their surface today.

MS could have done better.

Knut

IISargeII

I have had a despatch email from Microsoft today, it has a tracking number on that does not work yet though. It looks like it was despatched today so therefore I would guess it will arrive tomorrow now.

scasn4

so I ordered my surface on 19th October. ive received the 50 voucher via email. just phoned as it said in the email I WILL have my surface between 26th and 30th October (of which I have not) they told me the bank declined the payment even though they took the money out (its on my statement) on the 19th. she said a lot of people are having this issue. (THE ISSUE IS WITH YOU MICROSOFT YOU COULDNT ORGANISE A PISS UP IN A BREWERY)

Br1an_g

well i still havent got mine or an email but i see a pending transaction on my account today so perhaps it will be here tomorrow.

can only imagine the surface pro launch will face the same issues if they dont re-assess their processes and communications with customers and logistics.

scasn4

well i still havent got mine or an email but i see a pending transaction on my account today so perhaps it will be here tomorrow.

can only imagine the surface pro launch will face the same issues if they dont re-assess their processes and communications with customers and logistics.

Cant teach a old dog new tricks.... Microsoft have failed big time. why spend all that time and effort oh and money on such a beautiful product and then mess (and the word mess was chosen wisely) the logistics up ??????? school boy errors (shame on them)