What's new

Moving Data from IPad

Juliana

I have *never* posted on a forum, so please excuse any missteps. I got my SP3 a few months ago and would like to use it exclusively, giving up my ipad. The issues are my calendar and contacts on the iPad. The Microsoft guy told me that the only way I could move my data from my ipad (icloud) calendar was to manually type the entries back in. Has anyone found an easier workaround to that? Also, I was also told that they only way to get my contacts from my ipad to the SP3 was to send them one at a time via email. Again, any other suggestions?

Lastly, right now, my iPhone and ipad calendars are synced automatically via the cloud. Could I accomplish the same thing by using a gmail calendar and sync my iPhone to my sp3?

Many thanks for any suggestions you may have!

Liam2349

Open the Mail, Calendar and People apps, and in these apps, add your icloud account.

Do this by opening the Charms menu > Options > Accounts.

I think this should sync these areas of your Apple cloud to your Microsoft cloud.

You can also add your icloud account to Outlook 2013.

OP
J

Juliana

Thanks. Once I figure out where the Charms menu is located, I will try what you sugguest. My primary email is on Verizon.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Open the Mail app. Swipe in from the right to access the charms bar, tap Settings, Accounts, Add Account...

Swiping in from the right always accesses the Charms but they're context sensitive so depending on where you are you get different options and menus.

kundas1

first off, welcome to the forum, secondly perhaps you should check out a couple of vids on YouTube on how windows 8 works, there is great tutorials on there to get acquainted with your SP3... lastly have fun! ;)

Liam2349

Thanks. Once I figure out where the Charms menu is located, I will try what you sugguest. My primary email is on Verizon.

I assumed since you had your SP3 for months, you must have already met the Charms bar. GreyFox filled you in, just add the accounts to the apps.