What's new

Multiple installs of new firmware updates?

joudbren

Hi, this whole firmware thing is really getting confusing. I had a failed update 12-10 last December and then 2 days later the 12-10 update installed successfully. I had a 10-24 "hardware" update install successfully on Jan 01 and then a 10-24 hardware update install successfully on Jan 15.

On Jan 21 I had a successful install of the 01-18 firmware update and now this morning (24th) I have another successful install of the 01-18 firmware update.

Is this all correct and if yes, why do I have what appears to be two successful and identical firmware updates within a few days of each other?

Unit is 256GB SP2. I'm getting confused.....

Thanks!

beq

I also noticed that after successfully installing "System Firmware Update - 1/18/2014" the first time, we're getting it offered again.

Except on two of our SP2 units, the second update is labelled "System Hardware Update - 1/18/2014" whereas on our other SP2's, the second update has the same name as the first?

I don't recall how big the first January update was, but this second one was only like 205K. Anyways, I updated all our units again, all successfully...

mennogreg

Some sites have noted that the new firmware will be rolled out in pieces, and that seems o be what's happening.

Rvacha

Only one piece has rolled out, 1/18. This is a common problem. I for one have gotten the 10/24 update 2 dozens times. I select "ignore" and it comes back anyway. Nasty Windows Update bug IMHO

OP
J

joudbren

Thanks everyone. All of these updates hasn't seemed to hurt anything so far but I'm still keeping an eye on things. Cheers!