What's new

NYT Crossword Application

Does anyone happen to have any information on when the New York Times Crossword application, which was showcased on the Surface Pro 3 press conference video, is scheduled to be released?

I really like NYT crossword puzzles and I have been waiting for a crossword application that uses the stylus. There is no crossword application in the Microsoft Store that is anywhere near acceptable quality.

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

As best I can tell it is "coming soon". I don't think it has been officially released yet.

It looks like Microsoft should have waited until the Surface Pro 4 to give a preview video of this application...
I thought it would come out when the Surface Pro 3 was released.

Nursedad

It looks like Microsoft should have waited until the Surface Pro 4 to give a preview video of this application...
I thought it would come out when the Surface Pro 3 was released.

Exactly. Considering it was demo'd when the SP3 was introduced...one would have thought that it would be released concurrently.

I was really excited to get the crossword app, but there has been no mention of it about release date. anyone know any information on it?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I think emailing the NYT would be more appropriate as they are the developer of the actual App, or another option is using Twitter to @ surface they usually answer questions....

I couldn't find anywhere to contact the NYT about their apps, but I am not very savvy. I think it is now Microsoft's responsibility to answer, since they prominently displayed it in their Surface Pro 3 video. Thanks for the suggestion on @surface. I just really want this application. I have been waiting for a good crossword app since I got my Surface Pro First Gen. There are none currently.

Thank you! I'll stop griping on this forum. It was the only place I thought I could get an answer.

I had looked at that contact us page before, but it was not clear which place to contact. I broke the rules and emailed them although I am not a paid subscriber.

Last edited: