What's new

Official I ordered a Surface Book

MrRedHat

Mine had the same issue. Now I understand why it was saying Delivery for Monday when I first looked. Mine left Shanghai, CN about 3 hours ago, so it’ll probably reach the US this afternoon.

Wayne Orwig

I pre-ordered late in the game, so I have a 7 week wait, it states.
I have a question for anyone that has had hands on. As we know, there is a gap at the hinge when the book is closed. Not a bad thing IMHO because it keeps the keyboard from rubbing the screen. But, what about the top edge of the screen where it hits the keyboard? Is there a bumper there?

Nuspieds

Clearance now completed, apparently. Delivery updated and now says this morning by 10:30am PT.

But my Surface Docks still do not have a delivery estimate. :( I'm not setting up my SB with the tangled mess with the USB hub that I'm using now for my SP2. I'm hoping that the Docks are now available in-store so that I can pick one up if my delivery is not going to be today.

Update: It is now 12:00pm PT and FedEx page is still showing delivery today. So I called and the automated response indicated that the package has cleared customs and it is with the delivery location that services my area. I am skeptical of this because online it still shows that it is in Memphis.

So I decided to speak to an agent and he said that it just cleared customs and that the delivery will be Monday.

Last edited:

MrRedHat

My Surface Book has been sitting in a Fed Ex Building that is about a 10-minute drive from my house since 4:00 yesterday. Sucks having to wait all weekend knowing how close it is. :)

Deryl McCarty

My SB is also 10-15 minutes away on hold pending the 26th. Sigh. Marketing trumps Panos. But by noon tomorrow this too will pass and I will be another happy camper with new tool to explore.

Search tags for this page
fedex clearance delay
fedex clearance delay microsoft
fedex surface book clearance delay
microsoft surface book shipping times 7-8 weeks
surface book
surface book backorder

surface book clearance delay

surface book importer clearance
surface book shipping time

Members online

No members online now.