What's new

Picasa 3.9 seems to be the only photo program that can handle the high DPI of the sp3.

Mikewired

Picasa 3.9 seems to be the only photo program that can handle the high DPI of the sp3. I have been trying trial program after program and haven't found anything that looks correct with high DPI except Picasa. Lightroom and elements were terrible.

megatronium

Picasa 3.9 seems to be the only photo program that can handle the high DPI of the sp3. I have been trying trial program after program and haven't found anything that looks correct with high DPI except Picasa. Lightroom and elements were terrible.

Photoshop CC 2014 works great with it.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont' find Lightroom too bad actually even though it's not yet optimised. Photoshop CC looks fine on it when in the experimental mode. Google Nik plugin however looks awful, though a little better when run from PS rather than standalone from Lightroom.

Maximus3D

Picasa is not optimised for high dpi displays but it works well on all types of displays thanks to it's primitive and simplified interface.

DxO Optics Pro and Capture One Pro also works well on the Surface Pro 3, but they would benefit from a optimised interface for high dpi displays.

/ Magnus