What's new

Question about Wordpress App

kristalsoldier

Hi all...

I have a quick question: On my Win 7 machine, I use the Wordpress site to write on my blog. When I got the RT, one of the first apps I downloaded was the Wordpress one. Admittedly, it is very basic and some folks have suggested that perhaps it is better to write blog-posts in Word and export it to the blog concerned. Have not tried that yet. Today, for the first time, I had a few moments to try the Wordpress App and immediately I noticed a lag between my typing and the letters appearing on the app. I am sure that this is a problem with the app because I don't face a problem making posts on forums - like this one - and when working on Word etc. So, my question is this: Has anyone else use the app and can you confirm that this is indeed a problem with the app? For the record, I use the Type keyboard. Thanks in advance. Btw, also, if possible, please do suggest alternatives if available.

Edit: Nevermind, I will just use Word on the RT. It's very convenient. I just wonder how the formatting will hold up. I'll post something, verify and will report back!

Last edited:

ArnoldC

The Wordpress application is not written by Wordpress, just saying. Having said that, I have it installedmon my Acer but not really gave me the inspiration to write a blog post using that app. I also tried using Word 2013 to author a sample blog post. I found the format basic but useful.

It is still best to use the Internet Explorer to post blog entries on Wordpress or Blogger.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Yes, I see what you mean! Pity that there is no dedicated Wordpress app. I think for the moment I will stick to Word 2013. Thanks.

Search tags for this page

ballmer

wordpress app apps for microsoft surface

wordpress app for surface

wordpress app on surface

wordpress surface app

Staff online

Members online