What's new

Sad Reality of Apple's Users

If this thread goes sideways it will get closed. It's veering off course with personal comments.

To be honest, when people start calling members iSheeple when they disagree with their requirements, it already becoming personal. Calling someone a sheeple essentially says they are following a company blindly without thinking about their purchases which seems to imply they are less intelligent, instead of the acceptance that their requirements are different or lower. My wife for example is happy with her iPad, she uses it for what she needs and doesn't expect anything more out of it. For my mum, it's perfect, because she doesn't need any more out of it and I don't get a phone call once a week asking how to do something because she can work it out on her own. Are they sheeple?

There are many things the Surface Pro could improve on, it's not to say everyone needs them or that the device isn't good, but it can be an improvement on a good device and that is what companies are about, improving on their devices. There are many things I would like to see for example. I would welcome the larger screen option if they can keep the device compact, I would welcome the option of 16GB of ram for those who need it, I think the SP3/4 should come with the keyboard screen cover because I haven't seen a person that doesn't need it and its deceptive marketing practice to compare it with laptops when it doesn't have this included, I think that defaulting to a full password instead of a 4 digit pin when a network admin (who is better skilled to change it to meet corporate requirements) can change it is just plain stupid because the average personal user doesn't even know about it, I think that turning on the option to share updates with other users outside of your network in windows 10 was crazy. I think the location of the mini displayport is bad, having it high on the device so the cable hangs down if you want to work with 2 screens is bad design, when you could have it low without that problem. I think the option of a LTE/4G connection would be great, I don't want to have to tether with my phone or use a WiFi modem (there are countries outside of your own where contracts may work differently, company supplied phones, company supplied data and any variation of this). On top of this, I have no doubt there are people who would look for other things, HDMI connection (not my preference but I understand it), or an extra USB port on a larger device. They are all things that people may have views on depending on how they interact with a device. For me as an example, the micro SD is a waste, I think SD would be more valuable because you could at least use it for cameras instead of just memory extension, but I can understand why other people would be happy with it.

Despite the above, does it mean I don't like the device? I actually wrote a very positive review about it. No, what it means is that it can be improved and it's not perfect, for me. I would like to see the SP4 improved, but the reality is if we all sit about patting ourselves or Microsoft on the back about how awesome our purchasing decision was and how awesome the device is, there isn't going to be a whole lot of changes for the better.

I also think it's important to realise that despite how much people hate Apple, there are some things they do really well.

But to call people Sheeple because they have a higher standard of usability, different or more requirements than you is a joke. I've spent time on both Mac and Windows forums, and I'll say the level of Sheeple responses here goes beyond anything I have ever encountered on a Mac forum about Windows. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

GoGoDelicious

what usb dongle device? now your just adding stuff to try and make a point... and sorry but yea I'm going to assume you have a cell phone as everyone in this day and age has phones! even my 13yr old niece has a phone, along with all these kids I see running around ages 13-17 yrs old has phones! so sorry if I don't believe you, you don't have a phone and trying to make a point... just because YOU feel the SP4 should have LTE doesn't make a valid point, the 99.9% of who have phones don't feel the need for an LTE tablet and therefore paying extra money for LTE service device...

1) Your ASSumption is WRONG. I DO NOT have a mobile. The only physical phone I have is in my office.
2) No need to be sorry for being wrong.
3) As far as 4G LTE goes, if the SP4 does not have 4G LTE then there is no point in purchasing it for MYSELF. 4G LTE on the SP4 is a requirement for me. I currently have the SP3 i7 512GB and there is nothing, other than 4G, that i need. I have 2 OneDrive accounts (Personal and Business) plus SharePoint as far as storage goes I covered. The amount of RAM is more than enough to run all the programs I use. Including Office 365 Enterprise, Adobe CC 2015, and Crestron programming software. Those are the main 3 that I personally use daily.
4) What's your source for your stats? D0 you have a reliable source or are you making up the 99%?

For those of you who are quoting that I said I have a mobile did not actually read what I wrote. I have never wrote that I have a mobile, that I am upgrading my iPhone, etc. What I did say and I quote "In fact within the last year I purchased a total of 3 for my employees. We're moving away from an all Apple organization consisting of Mac Books, Mac Book Pro's, Mac Mini's, iPhones and iPads. All of these are currently being replaced with SP3's and hopefully SP4's in the not to distant future along with Lumia Phones." I said, I am replacing my employees mobiles. I NEVER said I am replacing mine.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why not just keep one of your iPhones in your bag or pocket? Makes little sense not to make use of it given you already have them at hand.

Tsurugaya

Unless the design team changes their decision they won't put 4G on a Pro Model only on Surface line (i.e. the Surface 3).
In Japan they sell Surface 3 with LTE, and it is very popular among one man businesses. Actually starting to see more and more of them at Mickey D and Starbucks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
In Japan they sell Surface 3 with LTE, and it is very popular among one man businesses. Actually starting to see more and more of them at Mickey D and Starbucks.
Key - Surface 3 is not a Pro Device, it replaced the ARM based Surface 2. If the device has a fan under the current design parameters - no LTE/3G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Key - Surface 3 is not a Pro Device, it replaced the ARM based Surface 2. If the device has a fan under the current design parameters - no LTE/3G
If I was to read something into that it might be that a rotating fan generates electromagnetic interference in the 3g/4g spectrum making it an untenable combination. Pure speculation of course. :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If I was to read something into that it might be that a rotating fan generates electromagnetic interference in the 3g/4g spectrum making it an untenable combination. Pure speculation of course. :)
It has more to do with contention which already an issue on the Surface line, adding the additional antenna next to WLAN and Bluetooth. The other issue is LTE radios generate additional heat and increases battery drain.

jrioux

If this thread goes sideways it will get closed. It's veering off course with personal comments.
I'll drink to that!
foxen_tr_Trailer_Shot1.jpg