What's new

Skype , Store and Cog all not working

sjmoran

Hi,
I am at my wits end.
Firstly Skype came and went, some days I had it , some days I hadn't , now , despite two copies in the app files , it isn't there as a tile.
Then the store, I click on it , it flashes upon the screen , then goes back to being a tile.
I click on the cog to look at the pc settings. It takes me back to the tiles. I can't change the settings.
I have done the dos commands to re set , all that , I even called msoft and spoke to somebody I could not understand .
This is my second surface. The last one died. This is the last chance for this surface before I urinate on it and throw it in the bin.

kundas1

firstly welcome to the forums, secondly I use a Surface 2 RT and Skype works perfectly on my device, make sure you date and time are correct and make sure your using the RT versions, what I'm understanding is your trying to use a desktop version which doesn't work on the Surface RT version... the store version should work right out of the box... maybe try to perhaps do a factory restore and then try to install Skype from the store and it should work without any problems...

OP
S

sjmoran

Thank you for the welcome. Just to clarify , Skype did work . I can't do a factory re-set because the cog just hangs . All the above has ceased to work.

kundas1

then you will have to do the 2 button step reset which is press and hold the power & volume down for 20 seconds and then follow the prompts for resetting your device... Just YouTube "how to reset sp3" and it will give you an idea on how to do it...