What's new

So, who types with the Surface on the lap?

J515OP

Super Moderator
In some ways I am surprised you opted for the Nexus 10 over the Galaxy Note 10. You could have had the smart pen and ditched the paper while having virtually the same tablet (Nexus 10 being made by Samsung) as well as "multi-tasking."

Ashles

You can use the Surface to type in your lap. Period. On my current business trip I have done so in a hotel lobby, waiting for flights, even having a meeting in the back of a taxi. I cannot understand anyone who is unable to use it in this way.
And that's completely excluding using it perfectly well as a tablet if you want to.

kristalsoldier

In some ways I am surprised you opted for the Nexus 10 over the Galaxy Note 10. You could have had the smart pen and ditched the paper while having virtually the same tablet (Nexus 10 being made by Samsung) as well as "multi-tasking."

Yes...very true! But I always wanted a Nexus device and the price was very competitive. I also like the excellent display of the N10. That said, if I was to buy another tablet, then I would definitely go for one with a Pen like the Note. See, again, I am not referring to the Surface as a tablet...which is odd!