What's new

Solved SP3 Keyboard issues

little ter

I was recently blessed with an SP3 and it came with the purple keyboard. As a guy I preferred the Dark blue found at Best buy so I bought one. It worked fine for a couple days and then suddenly stopped functioning. The blue keyboard lights up and I can dim the keyboard but nothing else works on it. I can snap the purple one back on and it works just fine. I returned the blue one to best buy and they sent me a new one. It too does not work. When I first attached it, windows installed the device but it will not function. Looking for help with this colorful conundrum.

kundas1

ok what I suggest you do is remove the drivers for the keyboard and then re-attach the blue one and re-install the drivers and it should be good, I think the purple one is interfering with the blue one, even though they are the same keyboards and everything, they don't play well together... that's what I had to do when I replaced my black one with the blue one like yours

kristalsoldier

ok what I suggest you do is remove the drivers for the keyboard and then re-attach the blue one and re-install the drivers and it should be good, I think the purple one is interfering with the blue one, even though they are the same keyboards and everything, they don't play well together... that's what I had to do when I replaced my black one with the blue one like yours

Hey...if that is the case, then how is it that when I changed my dark blue KB for a black one (the former was looking really worn out though still perfectly functional), the exchange was seamless? Or, is this like one of those temperamental things?

kundas1

I can't answer that as I'm not technically knowledgeable enough to say... but I DO know that when I changed KB's it didn't work with a straight swap, I had to uninstall the drivers and reconnect the new KB and reinstall

mennogreg

I had a worry similar to what you experienced. I found out that sticky keys/filter keys was turned on. Check to see if all those are turned off.

OP
L

little ter

Well, I tried all of the above solutions without success. I finally did a PC Refresh and seems to have solved the problem. I had the blue keyboard attached during the process and it is working just fine now. Thanks to all who took the time to help.

I was having a problem with my KB that it was attaching but only the back lights were turning on and nothing else was responding. Your method worked for me by uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Thank you for your tip.