What's new

is the keyboard supposed to work immediately after being connected?

bilal

i recently bought a surface pro 3 but refused to buy the keyboard from the retail store because i found much cheaper ones on ebay. my keyboard arrived today but it doesnt seem to work unless im doing something wrong. i connect it and hear the surface pro recognizing it, but none of the buttons work. however the backlight lights up fine. am i suppose to change some settings to make it work?

thanks

wynand32

Nope, it should just work. What shows up in Device Manager, under Keyboards? Should have "Surface Type Cover Filter Device" listed, I believe.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I got my first surface I had a few problems with the keyboard but I think there was an issue with the connector being slightly warped, after leaving it connected overnight I didn't have any more problems.

I just put my new SP3 Type Cover on my old Surface 2 and it took a few seconds after the first connect but after that... connect/disconnect/reconnect it works right away.

Sounds defective, return it.

OP
B

bilal

thank you all for your quick responses. It started working after doing the updates. Thanks again.