What's new

SP4 i7 8ram 256hdd - thermometer icon screen

Hi, I bought a Surface pro 4 with the specifications noted above. It happens that when I play in it is suddenly suspended and when I give it to turn on again it appears a screen with a thermometer.

Please inform me if this is normal or if it is a hardware problem, if it serves something I just upgrade to the developer version of Windows 10.

Attachments

• 884217925066427390-account_id=1.jpg
    884217925066427390-account_id=1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 900

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It means whatever you are doing is causing thermal protection to kicking to prevent damage from heat.... what game or program were you using?

OP
S

Saulo Rodríguez

Desmume-0.9.11-win64 ROM pokemon Black 2. I play with Dualshock 3 control with XInput Wrapper. check the attachment.

Attachments

• 1562547187036076433-account_id=1.jpg
    1562547187036076433-account_id=1.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 614

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What do you recomend? Should I return SP4? I bought it from a friend
What are your plans for it's use...if this game is the primary reason than maybe but if you want a mobile productivity machine that can also be docked then it should be fine. It's really designed for productivity and casual to mid-range gaming...

OP
S

Saulo Rodríguez

What are your plans for it's use...if this game is the primary reason than maybe but if you want a mobile productivity machine that can also be docked then it should be fine. It's really designed for productivity and casual to mid-range gaming...

Ok, I fully understand what the end of SP4 is, but my concern is that these warm-ups are somewhat abnormal, since I understand that a mid-range game should not cause a warm-up to turn off the computer. If the time comes when I want to watch a movie and extend another screen or edit a photo, I feel the same.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I fully understand what the end of SP4 is, but my concern is that these warm-ups are somewhat abnormal, since I understand that a mid-range game should not cause a warm-up to turn off the computer. If the time comes when I want to watch a movie and extend another screen or edit a photo, I feel the same.
I used an i7/16/256 SP4 for 14 months without issue, it drove my 43" 4K 60Hz Monitor, ran Visual Studio, watched movies, crunch large datasets in Excel without it overheating.

Philtastic

When it's hitting these high temperatures, do you notice the fan running? Can you feel the hot air being pushed out of the vents?