What's new

Suggestions from the store please?

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

AdDuplex and MS Advertising are the two main players in the Windows Store World, AdDuplex is pretty open how their system works, and I believe MS is as well.

I think you can also use the voucher for Xbox Music and Videos...

Sorry...I like Xbox Music and Video (runs away and hides from stones being thrown in his general direction)

Hah! Yes, the voucher can be used in the Xbox store - so it says on the card. Unfortunately, I don't share your enthusiasm about Xbox apps.

kundas1

For your mobile media consumption I would recommend 'media monkey' mobile HD video player, they are REALLY good...

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

@Jeff...no, I have never used Last Pass.

@ Kundas1...Media Monkey...hmmm...I have their free version. I'll check out the one that you mention. Thanks.

kundas1

@Jeff...no, I have never used Last Pass.

@ Kundas1...Media Monkey...hmmm...I have their free version. I'll check out the one that you mention. Thanks.

The free version is what I was talking about.. unless the pay one is better? Or were you talking about mobile HD player ?

kundas1

dude def do, it works very well, but since the last update some MKV files haven't been playing that well for some odd reason...

oion

I'm still a fan of the LCARS app... which recently saw some major functional additions and a back-end revamp that greatly increased Windows RT first gen performance. Though it's best if you appreciate Star Trek. ;) I like keeping the clock up and actually use the simple text editor for note-taking (geek on in boring meetings, heh).

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard good things about the Modern UI WinZip.....but I use the built in Zip functionality for the most part, it would be good if you run into a RAR file on your Surface 2....

dlacaba

<shameless self promotion>

I just wrote a system dashboard app that shows ip address and other info for live tiles. I often remote into my Surface to take advantage of a bigger desktop so I wrote this app to get the IP without having to run IPConfig. Also shows some more helpful info like Hard Disk Space and the like.

System Dashboard app for Windows in the Windows Store

Give me a good rating if you can while you're at it :cool2:

/shameslessness

dlacaba

True. Though I wonder about the economics of in-app adverts and how it works. Any ideas as to where I can look this up? But that still leaves me with my MS Store voucher unused. Maybe I'll scour around for a good media app. Can you recommend one? Not Xbox Music and Video please!

I'd like to know this as well. I'm designing my next app right now and will most likely be using in-app adverts and App Upgrades. On some developer sites I've seen one guy say he made around $1/month through in app advertisements, though he didn't mention what the app was or how many people were using it.