1. During setup of the account, it will ask you where to save the PST file, so it's good.
2. I keep an annual storage of the current PST files.
3. I keep an archive strategy where year-old emails are moved to an archive PST.
4. Archive PST files moved to NAS and DVD.
5. Using Outlook Rules, I am able to keep the current PST to less than 1GB.
6. I have two PST files, one for work and one for personal.
Thanks very much. I think I will follow your method suitably modified to my specific circumstances.