What's new

Surface Tweak Tool for Surface Pro 2 - Release!

OP
G

GoodBytes

False positive. I just passed it through VirusTotal, and out of 48 security software (including Kasperky), only 2 says out of 48 says something is wrong, and those are Bkav, and ESET-NOD32.
https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/general/1870

It probably detected that the exe is package exe (Flash plugin included), and instead of being smart in analyzing the sub-files, it freaks out calling it a malware. :/

Unpacking Flash plugin from it, now makes DrWeb, which said it was fine before, claim to be a 'BACKDOOR.Trojan'. Just silly.

Last edited:

reach

here it doesn't save the Intel low power state. I can set it to on, it tells me to reboot the system, but after reboot it's again set to off.
Tried to run it as Admin, no difference.

BTW: the installation is prevented by Windows "Smart Screen" (IIRC). You have to click on details and allow it from there. Am I the only one having that? Just wondering that nobody else complained.

OP
G

GoodBytes

BTW: the installation is prevented by Windows "Smart Screen" (IIRC). You have to click on details and allow it from there. Am I the only one having that? Just wondering that nobody else complained.

Yup. Nothing I could about that, unless it either gets crazy popular for Microsoft to marked it safe (and even then), or I cash out thousands of dollars to make it digitally signed (around 500$ per year), and it still needs to be popular.

Last edited:

Max91

Oh sorry.
Well that is not supposed to happen.
What value do you have for "Full charged capacity" and "Designed capacity"?

I am thinking either there is a bug in the software, or the above numbers are incorrect or can't retrieve it, or you have a super new battery, where it's soo new and so awesome that 0% wear level doesn't give it justice.

LOL!! Super battery I think! "Full charged capacity": 42395 mWh, more than the "designed capacity": 42002 mWh

OP
G

GoodBytes

hehe.
So if I fix this, you won't be too mad?
I'll let you do the division of the 2 numbers yourself, and enjoy your more than 100% charged capacity :)

OP
G

GoodBytes

That is strange....
"On battery set the graphic solution to low power" used to work earlier today, but stop working anymore (remains on).
Checking Windows update... I noticed that the system firmware update of February was re-installed, despite installed before, and not using Intel official drivers, and now it doesn't work anymore :(

winupdate.png

Notice the previous updates the days before it. It didn't detect or install the February update, just today.

Last edited:

Max91

I've installed that update and "On battery set the graphic solution to low power" remain set ON after reboot

OP
G

GoodBytes

AHA! Mystery solved!
gpu_power.png

If you change that to balance, now it will work.
Same for "Maximize graphic performance when plugged in." option which I removed.

So what is happening, is that Windows is handling these 2 settings from the Windows power option. That explains everything, actually.

So I guess, as these options are readily available, in Windows itself none the less (at least on Surface Pro 2's), I guess I can remove that option as well.