What's new

Third-Party Keyboard Support?

ChrisPanzer

Hi,

Was wondering if there were any other keyboards out there made specifically for the SP3? I wouldn't mind a more robust, sturdy/solid keyboard that didn't bend under weight. I realize the trade-off would be weight, a compromise I'm more than willing to live with.

I often use my lil' Honey SP3 in beddie-bye, and I find that when I have the keyboard hoisted up on my legs and I type whilst my wrists are resting on either side of the KB, sometimes the mousepad won't 'click' properly, due to the fact that it's being bent, ever-so-slightly.

Thank-ums!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Not currently, another option is to get a portfolio that creates a "lap desk" with its flap like the one talked about in the SP3 Case thread, the Moko Slim does it as well as many others....

Nitric

logitech K850 bluetooth keyboard (if i remember the model number correctly). But its a separate keyboard which doesnt utilize the touch cover port on the sp3

Nys299

Actually its the Logitech K810 bluetooth keyboard. Its one of the best keyboards that I have used. It has back-lit keys as well.

OP
ChrisPanzer

ChrisPanzer

Bluetooth & USB RF wireless keyboards are available in a wide variety of designs.

Wow, are you serious?? Wait, so youre telling me theres USB and bluetooth keyboards out there?? And to top it off, they're available in wide variety of designs??? No way, it can't be, wow!!!

Thanks for that awesomely informative & helpful reply.

Nitric

Actually its the Logitech K810 bluetooth keyboard. Its one of the best keyboards that I have used. It has back-lit keys as well.

ah, thanks for the correction.

IF not mistaken, there is couple of wireless mechanical tenkeyless keyboard out there too. Well, its way bulkier than the logitech k810 but they are available.

volksman

It is the Logitech K810. A little pricey at $80 but you can find them for $50 on sale quite a bit. I use one at home and another at the office. A battery charge on it lasts me a long time, like MONTHS or more. Best keyboard I have ever bought.

Also - the backlighting is light sensitive and motion sensitive, to keep the battery life up. You can also pair it with 3 different devices.

Nys299

It is the Logitech K810. A little pricey at $80 but you can find them for $50 on sale quite a bit. I use one at home and another at the office. A battery charge on it lasts me a long time, like MONTHS or more. Best keyboard I have ever bought.

Also - the backlighting is light sensitive and motion sensitive, to keep the battery life up. You can also pair it with 3 different devices.
Not to mention that it is also sleek and light weight as well and is a real looker. But yes, it is a bit pricey.....but the sheer satisfaction of using it makes it less painful.

It is also the perfect keyboard for use in the home theater environment where it is always dark and you don't want something cumbersome.

double07

I would think any bluetooth keyboard should work fine. I have old Samsung bluetooth keyboard I got for my old SP1 and it is working fine with my SP3.

bluegrass

Wow, are you serious?? Wait, so youre telling me theres USB and bluetooth keyboards out there?? And to top it off, they're available in wide variety of designs??? No way, it can't be, wow!!!

Thanks for that awesomely informative & helpful reply.

Holy tamale, you are new to computers. Welcome to the wide world of computers and the forum. I'm sure you'll have a lot of questions down the road.

If you can use the USB port, I recommend you pick up a keyboard/mouse/dongle to use. I have used both and the USB keyboards and mice or less problematic connecting to the Surface.