What's new

To Be SP3 Owners

omega1234

I just preordered my Core i5 256gb SP3 with black type cover, who else has preordered and which variation and accessories did you get?

ximoosea

Just ordered Core i5 256gb SP3 with red type cover...and extra pen since my main purpose is taking notes and I like to have extra!

Did you checked that the adapter has to be ordered separately this time ?? it mentioned on the web site. ?? what is the cost ?

[1] Office sold separately.

[2] System software uses significant storage space. Available storage is subject to change based on system software updates and apps usage. 1GB = 1 billion bytes. For more information, see surface.com/storage.

[3] Surface Covers sold separately

[4] Adapter required, sold separately.

[5] Up to 9 hours of battery life for video playback. Battery life for other uses will vary.

[6] Your new Surface comes with a one-year limited hardware warranty and 90 days of technical support.

munakib

Just preordered the 256gb version, gonna see if my 130$ typecover 2 works on it or not.

What Adapter? 36-watt power supply comes with the package, are you insane?

Did you checked that the adapter has to be ordered separately this time ?? it mentioned on the web site. ?? what is the cost ?

[2] System software uses significant storage space. Available storage is subject to change based on system software updates and apps usage. 1GB = 1 billion bytes. For more information, see surface.com/storage.

[5] Up to 9 hours of battery life for video playback. Battery life for other uses will vary.

[6] Your new Surface comes with a one-year limited hardware warranty and 90 days of technical support.

kristalsoldier

Yeah...I saw that footnote#4 also. But I think it would be really stupid of MS if the box did not include the adapter and the pen Highly unlikely that it wouldn't though.

Edit: BTW, on the MS-UK website, there is no Type Cover 3!!! And, they will ship by 31st August!!!! Damn!

Edit: Sorry. The Type Covers are available. But oddly, they are listed as Type Cover only - no numeric designation.

Last edited:

obmotum

Just preordered the 256gb version, gonna see if my 130$ typecover 2 works on it or not.

What Adapter? 36-watt power supply comes with the package, are you insane?

Yes you can use your typecover 2.

FAQ

Can I run everything on Surface Pro 3 that I can on my laptop or desktop?

A: Yes, Surface Pro 3 is a full laptop replacement.

How does the magnet on the keyboard work?

A: The magnet is designed to increase the on lap typing experience. Simply connect the magnet to the bottom of the device.

Does Surface Type Cover and Type Cover 2 work on Surface Pro 3?

A: Surface Pro 3 works best with Surface Pro 3 Cover, however your Touch and Type Cover 2 will click in and work with Surface Pro 3.

Note 4 refers to this sentence (which admittedly also doesn't make much sense):
"Plus, you can easily connect your peripherals and transfer files via a full-size USB 3.0, microSD card reader, and Mini DisplayPort.[4]"

kristalsoldier

I'll be getting the 128 with Blue Cover....but I won't be pre-ordering it. I want to buy it as and when it is generally available.