What's new

What Features Do You Want to See in the Surface Tablet?

socrstr

Hey guys.

So this whole Surface release has got me on the edge of my seat! Maybe I'm biased, but I would honestly like to see the iPad dethroned. The question is, what could possibly best Apple's micro-managed tablet build? It's a great device, but I'm itching for better.

I would definitely appreciate Flash, for one.

As a designer and creative writer, one thing that struck me a while back was the Microsoft Courier project that was cancelled due to a lack of market. If you haven't heard of it, look it up on YouTube. The mockup video is quite impressive. I think that while it may not be a good business decision to recreate that device, I would really like to see that software as an app on the Surface.

Longer battery life, for sure. This is one simple element that makes a remarkable difference in the reception of a device. If you can't take your tablet out for a whole day of work (10 hours), it's not something that I'm going to depend on for productivity, let alone more than the iPad.

User-friendly. Yes the iProducts are known for simplicity. But how many of you have ever tried to convert anything or transfer anything using iTunes? For me, at least, it's a nightmare. If all the services associated with the Surface tablet are dependable and easy to use, then the Surface will have my vote.

What do you think?

Uzumlubay

Techradar´s review of Windows 8 (final version) says ''it will offer Flash functionality for IE on Windows RT (at least on what it calls the "initial delivery of Windows RT PCs''. A little bit dubious about this as Adobe has already saıd that it had ceased support for Flash on mobile devices.

I would like to see DNLA support to enable mirroring the Surface to a large screen TV. I assume the micro HDMI will only allow certain programs like films to be seen on TV and not all applications will display.

Disappointed that there is not going to be SLS for video streaming - maybe MPEG-DASH will be available on the Surface??

evertith

The Surface Pro already has all the features I want in a tablet:
- Hardware keyboard
- USB port
- SDCARD slot
- Usable kickstand
- Full-blown OS
- Display port for external monitor

The Surface Pro is my dream device. A tablet and laptop seamlessly married together in an attractive package.

dtalexone

Definitely the ability to design and create from Adobe's Creative Suite. As a designer myself as well, I would like to carry something much lighter than a laptop when I show client's a project.

NightMoose

The Surface Pro already has all the features I want in a tablet:
- Hardware keyboard
- USB port
- SDCARD slot
- Usable kickstand
- Full-blown OS
- Display port for external monitor

The Surface Pro is my dream device. A tablet and laptop seamlessly married together in an attractive package.

This.

I'm hopeful that the Surface is everything I've wanted in a tablet since day 1 -- a touchscreen entertainment device combined with the versatility of personal computer software/operating system. Of course this means I'll have to wait for the Surface Pro, but I'm in no hurry to make a purchase. BTW, this is my first post and I can't wait to read the reviews from you guys later this week. How the heck do I change my avatar?

Last edited: