What's new

what to do in the next 2 weeks?

OP
U

ultra99

After the price cut I can get the 128GB for $800. sweet! what do you guys think, should I wait for further price cuts? :p lol

Endorsay

After the price cut I can get the 128GB for $800. sweet! what do you guys think, should I wait for further price cuts? :p lol

Another price cut on the Surface Pro within 2 weeks ? :p Unless there's another device your looking for, that price cut could have been the signal to buy it, and it came 2 weeks earlier than you expected :)

Last edited:

machistmo

You can get an Asus Zenbook Prime for about the same price and its got excellent battery life, 128GB SSD, 4Gb ram Touch 13.3 inch display, backlit keyboard etc.

machistmo

I expect a new model of the Surface Pro with the Haswell chips this fall.

Saving my pennies.

Toy Man

I would not expect it this fall. Fall 2014 maybe. This fall? No. Maybe but then Pigs would have to fly and hell would have to freeze over and Justin Beiber would have to die in a fire on video... and we all know those things wont happen...

bluegrass

Speculations around here, to be honest. Couldn't find any information on the Web. I know there's always something around the corner, but wondered if there any announcements of any kind in the coming 2-4 weeks max.

I think I'll just get the Pro and live with it. But it'd be extremely annoying to see Haswell Surface pops out. I just don't like how the pen is placed. 5hrs battery for me is OK for me... I think..

I'd go for it. I wouldn't get anything less then 128 gig and 256 gig would be best bang for your money if your budget would allow. You might want to wait for the power keyboard if you can get by with the screen keyboard for awhile. Don't ever feel bad about purchaing new technology and it becomes less then new a couple months down the road. That's just the way it always is with working with new technology. I've been working with computers for 43 years and the cycle time for newer technology developments gets shorter all the time. I purhcased my first RS Model 1 in 1979 for $1000. The storage was a cassette tape drive and the computer had 16K. Go for it.