What's new

Why can't IE allow for WebEx or GO-to Meetings???

cauzion

Well, I came to this question because I'm having similar problems. I do not agree about NOT extending the browser and go using APP. There's just hundreds of medium size business that dont have significant clientes using Windows RT, to justify a APP. I can't access none of my internet banking. All them need to install a Java add-in.... I'm really dissapointed. This is one of the most important things I need do in a Tablet and now, can't do it. Another very dissapointed issue is that my business is based on a Online Marketing Research Business and my Surface RT can't show all the pages of a given online survey. Can't wonder why, because in this case, there is no client application to be installed.

R0bR

There is a lot of developer interest in Windows 8 apps, the store is already over 35,000 apps, the issue is that major apps are not being developed. Its a catch 22 scenario, you ask why aren't they developing apps and they say there aren't enough Windows 8 users to make it worthwhile. Yet, if these apps aren't available then iOS and Android users will have little reason to switch if the apps they currently use are not available.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Some of this is a power struggle between 1st tier ISVs and Microsoft, Citrix, Cisco and others are used to by-passing the MS QA check on their software because quite frankly it didn't matter, if you wanted to use their services you had to download and install their buggy software. They created apps for Android and iOS because they had no choice if they wanted to tap into that market. Now with Windows RT they have the same paradigm as Android and iOS but on x86 Windows 8 they don't, so they just say the support Windows 8 and not RT because they don't have to change their code. It is only a matter of time before they cave. Also keep in mind that Windows RT was never intended to be an only device solution but a companion device acting as part of an entire Windows eco system consisting of a Windows 8 main machine, Windows RT or Clover Trail Atom Device as a mobile companion and a Phone 8 all utilizing MS Cloud Services on the back end. This is a change in workflow for Windows and MS and it will take some time to convert the unwashed masses to this new vision.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try using a R-HUB web conferencing server. It works on all browsers.
Fine if you control/host the meeting but each company uses their own mechanism which you have no control over, if you want or need to attend you have to use what they use.

That said I don't get why MS doesn't have cloud desktops for this which you could connect to run any public service. Duh!