What's new

Solved wifi connection speed dramtically reduced after 09/09/14 update

foghat

So,

My bandwidth speed has gone to basically nothing since the update. I will get the odd test that peaks at about 20Mbps, but is all over the place for most of the test - averaging about 10Mbps. Unfortunately, this type of run is the exception.

Most runs I am lucky to see 5Mpbs, often only 1 or 2Mbps. And not even 1Mps upload (plan is 5Mbps up).

The last 2 tests I ran maxed at 0.8Mbps down and 0.48 up.

I am on a 100Mbps connection and hit that speed every time when hooked up to Ethernet.

I get consistent 25-30Mps down and 5Mps up using my phone while sitting in the exact same location.

This is a serious problem, aside from word processing, the device is essentially useless at these connection speeds.

Any suggestions?

Any way I can roll back the wifi drivers - or whatever is causing this? Or maybe there is a way to rerun the update?

ctitanic

624855344.png

No changes in my end.

kundas1

Try un-installing your WiFi drivers and then re-install them, that might clear your problems..

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting what I pay for from an Internet Connection

On my home network I did go from 866 Mbps to 700 Mbps.... but actual throughput is still the same on file copy.

OP
F

foghat

Try un-installing your WiFi drivers and then re-install them, that might clear your problems..

So I uninstalled the Marvel wifi adapter in Device Manager under network adapters. How do I reinstall it? I did a scan for hardware changes but nothing shows up.... So now I have no wifi at all. :(

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
When you uninstalled the device did you have it delete the driver as well? If not, In Device Manager have I scan for hardware changes or reboot.

If you did uninstall and delete you will need to download the SP3 Driver Pack...

OP
F

foghat

Ya, I deleted everything. temporary brain fart on my end - I actually had the August firmware downloaded for some other issues from last month. Reinstalled the wlan driver from there and I am now consistently hitting 35-40Mbps down and 5 Up. Yay!

ScottyS

upload_2014-9-9_20-50-53.png

Boy, I feel sorry for you guys.

Can't tell if the 9/9 firmware update fixed my WiFi problem until I go into work tomorrow, but it didn't affect my speed.

raqball

I am on U-Verse and have their top speed offered in my area.. 24 down and 4 up..

You guys are making me jealous with your speeds.. I am however getting my advertised speed..