What's new

Solved Win 10 mail app??? Is it designed to make you break, give in and get outlook?

Nuspieds

When it comes to email front-ends, you certainly have a plethora of choices, so no way one app is trying to force you down one and only one road.

I am an Office 365 user and although I use the Mail app from time to time, when it comes to significant email activities, I use the browser front-end, not the Mail app. As a matter of fact, prior to joining Office 365, I used to be an extensive Outlook app user but I have not looked back since switching to Office 365.

Orlbuckeye

I like to keep my main pop3 account from my internet provided separate from my Imap account (Gmail, Yahoo and AOL). So I use Outlook and Thunderbird on 2 of my PC's. I use a 3rd party modern app Touch Email that I downloaded onto my surface for my yahoo, google and aol accounts.

CrippsCorner

What's wrong with it? Working fine here :) only annoying thing is that it doesn't pop up with a notification when I receive a new email... but my iPhone is always next to my Surface so I just see it on there, then open Mail to read it.

Wayne Orwig

I'm actually pretty good with it now. When Win 10 first came out, the mail app was too unstable and didn't allow me to configure it enough. It isn't bad now. A bit basic, but that is generally OK.

OP
M

maybethistime

It's working but downloading attachments takes forever!!!! Not big attachments either. My iPhone would download the 9mb attachment in 4 second while win mail was around 2 min.