What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynand32

Just finished installing 19159. First thing that popped up is the 5/14 firmware update, even though I'd already installed the 6/23 firmware update. I just can't imagine what causes those things to keep showing up.

I ran the update for kicks. Wonder if it actually overwrite the newer firmware--although I doubt it, seems like it didn't actually do anything. Wish there was an easy way to check which firmware's installed.

malberttoo

Since updating to 159, twice now upon a boot or reboot, my SP3 hangs on the black screen with the white "Surface" letters, just sits there. Both times I did CTRL+ALT+DEL and it immediately rebooted, this time getting to the black screen again but moving forward with the dotted white circle chasing itself.

Also I'm still getting the white flashes upon startup, but I wasn't really expecting them to be gone yet.

And yes, it does seem like it boots a bit quicker now.

Kris

installed the 6/23 firmware update manually a few days before the 10158 update now on 10159 getting told to download the 5/14 firmware. Will this overwrite the 6/23 firmware?

malberttoo

installed the 6/23 firmware update manually a few days before the 10158 update now on 10159 getting told to download the 5/14 firmware. Will this overwrite the 6/23 firmware?

I'm not sure but the same thing happened to me. Installed the June firmware update manually in 130, then the May one showed up in Automatic Updates multiple times after. Then again after landing on 159.

wynand32

I'd love to know as well. I'm guessing it has enough intelligence built into the installer to skip if the firmware is the same or older version. I know that when the update runs, there's no indication during the reboot that anything is actually done. Same when manually reinstalling the 6/23 firmware as I did earlier today.

Haldi

still no 159 update this morning.
Well installed 159 via ISO (from 130 in VM) and made a clean install.

Now my question... there is no Data Migration service built in win10 yet... is there? Just some kind of Backup where you can save all you folders but nothing about windows settings / installed non metro apps.

Zibi

Mr " sharpcolorado " what happen with you ?. Why you do not doing update yours page ?. Best regards. Zibi

Status
Not open for further replies.