What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rege0039

Anyone else having odd app behaviour on 159 ?

Some of mine ( Netflix, 2Day, PocketBible) only open if I'm online, if I'm off line they cause the Store to open and then close.

Anyone else getting this ?

GTiceman

installed the 6/23 firmware update manually a few days before the 10158 update now on 10159 getting told to download the 5/14 firmware. Will this overwrite the 6/23 firmware?

It shouldn't, if you go to install 6/23 again you should see the installer asking if you want to remove/repair and not install

Build 10159 tablet mode no rotation only horizontal???

make sure rotation lock is off, it is defaulting to on in these newer builds

I can confirm that the 5/14 firmware update does not overwrite the June update. I've been getting the 5/14 update about once a day for over a month, both before and after I manually installed the June update.

You can check yourself - look at the version of the Surface Pro 3 UEFI firmware driver in Device Manager. The June update installed version 3.11.950.0 which is what I have after successfully installing the 5/14 update - again.

leeshor

On a desktop I had to wait quite some time after the install appeared to have completed before the disk activity stopped. Prior to the disk activity stopping and another restart the Store wouldn't work.

Patience grasshoppers.

Compusmurf

still no 159 update this morning.
Well installed 159 via ISO (from 130 in VM) and made a clean install.

Now my question... there is no Data Migration service built in win10 yet... is there? Just some kind of Backup where you can save all you folders but nothing about windows settings / installed non metro apps.

If you use local account, you'll never get the update.
If you update in place and NOT a clean install, it'll preserve everything, data, apps, the works. This migration was one of the key test items in the preview.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why the F wont update find 10158??? I've verified my account, clicked find updates a billion times, restarted and shut down the device more times than I've ever done in my life, tried on 2 different builds. WTF Microsoft! You can't tease me like this.

Nicola

I think nobody else posted the question so I do.
Did anybody else experience problem with the arc bluetooth mouse after upgrading to Win10?
I opened the arc mouse app and since them I have 2 problems:
- the scroll does not work anymore
- the mouse refuse to pair with any other laptop (it's not even visible to any other than the Surface Pro 3)

removing and repairing did not solve.

If you had the same problem, how did you solve?

cmergel

Anybody experiencing Office 365 continuing to prompt to activate every time you open one of the office applications. I have this happening on two different machines after going to 10158/9. One is business account and one is home account. I have tried to deactivate in the office portal and reactivate on the device, but continues to happen (also tried this at work and home, with two different environments\network). Strange thing is you click to activate and it takes, just continue to get prompted. The business machine (SP3) I can't link my MSA, so I can't upgrade to 10159 through the update. The second machine (Home\S3) I upgraded to 10158 then to 10159 and it was still happening. I tried uninstalling office and when trying to reinstall it wouldn't install (got real hosed), at that point I refreshed and it took me back to 8.1. I am in the process of upgrading to 10130 with released ISO and then upgrade to 10159, with office not installed. In both cases I had Office installed before upgrading to latest build. But I have not had that happen with any of the previous Builds on my SP3. First try with the Surface 3. Very strange...

GTiceman

Why the F wont update find 10158??? I've verified my account, clicked find updates a billion times, restarted and shut down the device more times than I've ever done in my life, tried on 2 different builds. WTF Microsoft! You can't tease me like this.

my HTPC found it 159 as well, you aren't using a local account right ... try restarting the Windows Update Service

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody experiencing Office 365 continuing to prompt to activate every time you open one of the office applications. I have this happening on two different machines after going to 10158/9. One is business account and one is home account. I have tried to deactivate in the office portal and reactivate on the device, but continues to happen (also tried this at work and home, with two different environments\network). Strange thing is you click to activate and it takes, just continue to get prompted. The business machine (SP3) I can't link my MSA, so I can't upgrade to 10159 through the update. The second machine (Home\S3) I upgraded to 10158 then to 10159 and it was still happening. I tried uninstalling office and when trying to reinstall it wouldn't install (got real hosed), at that point I refreshed and it took me back to 8.1. I am in the process of upgrading to 10130 with released ISO and then upgrade to 10159, with office not installed. In both cases I had Office installed before upgrading to latest build. But I have not had that happen with any of the previous Builds on my SP3. First try with the Surface 3. Very strange...
I needed to do an Online Repair to fix that same issue on both 158 and again last night on 159, all settings and accounts worked afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.