What's new

Wireless Connection to Airport Extreme Dual-band 802.11ac Router

leeshor

Since your issue is with an Airport why not hope Apple comes up with something. The problem could be firmware in the Airport. (I probably know) ;)

OP
S

saklotz

Since your issue is with an Airport why not hope Apple comes up with something. The problem could be firmware in the Airport. (I probably know) ;)
Leeshor I agree this is a possibility, but I have checked and rechecked the status of the firmware for the Airport Extreme and I am satisfied that it is up-to-date. I have more faith in Apple getting their firmware correct than I do of the Marvel radio in the Surface Pro 2. The Marvel radio performs two very important functions in the Surface Pro 2, one is the Wi-Fi radio and the other is Bluetooth radio. There may be some conflicts or compromising going on with the Marvel radio that is causing the problem. I cannot solve it, so I came to the Forum for some advice.

leeshor

D-Link had an issue with of model of their router working correctly with Android devices about a year or so ago. There were no updates then either until a ton of Android users raised you know what. It still is a possibility

OP
S

saklotz

D-Link had an issue with of model of their router working correctly with Android devices about a year or so ago. There were no updates then either until a ton of Android users raised you know what. It still is a possibility
OK. Can I post a link to this forum thread on the Apple forum?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interference from Bluetooth would affect the 2.4ghz band not the 5ghz band.

Your best use of a user forum is to ask which AC Routers people are using that work well with the Surface. Maybe that's a confusion point, this forum is not a Microsoft forum although there are some softies hanging out here.

We cannot write new drivers or firmware for either device. Even if we could point you to a sophisticated wireless diagnostic tool to analyze and identify the specific problem there isn't likely anything we can do to correct it, just confirm the existence of an issue. Most user based tools though are not going to reveal the underlying cause of the issue. It might require modifications to both devices before the issue is resolved over a period of months.

Bottom line: You just bought an Airport Extreme that's not working out, return it and get a different router that's known to work based on the collective knowledge of users. That's your quickest problem resolution path regardless of where the problem lies.