What's new

By the 20th?

chilipalm

They're probably shipping these out to people based on how long it would get to them. For people who would get it in two days, they'll probably start shipping tomorrow.

Sir, you are a freakin genius. I was about to go on a rant about how much I loath Canada (since they all seem to be going to Canada), but I will embrace my love for Canada now and go with this tidbit of hope! You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman... (unless you are a lady, then I got nothin quippy to say)

cbrooker

They're probably shipping these out to people based on how long it would get to them. For people who would get it in two days, they'll probably start shipping tomorrow.

I was going to suggest the same thing. My experience with UPS in Canada is that delivery takes forever. Even shipping today I'm still a little concerned it won't be here by Friday. We'll find out when the Tracking starts working.

klyph

I was just gonna say the same thing. The shipping date is based on how long it will take to get to the destination. I live in Florida and every major release I've preordered from Microsoft (Xbox One, Titanfall, etc.) were all shipped out from Harrisburg, Pa the day before the release date and they all made it on time. So just because you haven't received notification yet don't get nervous!

mohcho

I find that with UPS, the tracking number takes a day to be on their system and they are pretty accurate with the shipping date, but the hour of shipping to my office is ALWAYS later in the day. Which sucks because Friday I may have to leave a bit early as we are heading out of town.

Klownicle

I was just gonna say the same thing. The shipping date is based on how long it will take to get to the destination. I live in Florida and every major release I've preordered from Microsoft (Xbox One, Titanfall, etc.) were all shipped out from Harrisburg, Pa the day before the release date and they all made it on time. So just because you haven't received notification yet don't get nervous!

That makes sense, I'm in FL as well. No charge or shipping notice yet.

Seneleron

Well, I ordered from Best Buy. I haven't had my card charged yet, but checking my order, it tells me my order cannot be cancelled. Citing:

"Items cannot be cancelled if they have already been processed for shipping, home delivery, or in store pickup. YOu may also see a 'can't be cancelled' message if you have already cancelled the item"

I haven't cancelled the order, which means it's been processed for shipping, so I expect to see the charge hit tonight.

WorldIRC

Package is being shipped to Canada via UPS Worldwide Saver (which is next business day to major city centre in Canada from USA).
I'm surprised it isn't being shipped from Canada. Will see what the originating city is as soon as tracking is updated.

cbrooker

Package is being shipped to Canada via UPS Worldwide Saver (which is next business day to major city centre in Canada from USA).
I'm surprised it isn't being shipped from Canada. Will see what the originating city is as soon as tracking is updated.

It indeed say "UPS Worldwide Saver®" however, looking at UPS' definitions that means. Bold added to the relevant lines. Only day definite service for Canada. Next Day only for US and Mexico. Which means us Canadians that are shipping today probably won't receive it till sometime Friday. :(

1-3 Business Days
Delivery by end of day
UPS Worldwide Express Saver

Delivery
Commitment
Export:
Next business day delivery by end of day to the U.S. and Mexico
Second business day delivery by end of day to major cities in Europe
Day-definite delivery by end of business day to other countries, depending on destination
Note: Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) is only available when shipping to the U.S.

Import:
Day-definite delivery by end of business day from origin countries worldwide

WorldIRC

It indeed say "UPS Worldwide Saver®" however, looking at UPS' definitions that means. Bold added to the relevant lines. Only day definite service for Canada. Next Day only for US and Mexico. Which means us Canadians that are shipping today probably won't receive it till sometime Friday. :(

1-3 Business Days
Delivery by end of day
UPS Worldwide Express Saver

Delivery
Commitment
Export:
Next business day delivery by end of day to the U.S. and Mexico
Second business day delivery by end of day to major cities in Europe
Day-definite delivery by end of business day to other countries, depending on destination
Note: Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) is only available when shipping to the U.S.

Import:
Day-definite delivery by end of business day from origin countries worldwide

I am someone that REGUARLY uses UPS Worldwide Saver from the USA to Canada. If Microsoft is actually shipping today, to Canada from the USA, it WILL arrive next day to urban centres within Canada (unless they specifically instruct UPS otherwise).

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/worldwide_saver.html

Export: Next business day delivery to Canada (from USA). You have to look at UPS US website to get this