What's new

Pen problem

mohcho

Actually there was already a thread about that paper insert, and apparently the instructions say somewhere to leave it in the pen. So of course I had already thrown mine out, and now my OCD has to live with the knowledge every day that my pen is not as whole as it could be... o_O

It's like leaving the tags on your new mattress. Seriously though, the paper tab serves no purpose other than to help with instructions. The MS guy ripped off the tab when he put in the battery for my pen when I got my replacement SP3 from a new box.

bluegrass

I'm still not clear. Are you saying the button battery for you pen was DOA and just replacing the battery got you up and running?

I agree that the design is not very user friendly for changing the button battery. I'll be glad if it's like Microsoft says; "It should last for over a year".

I too, like Malberttoo, feel ashamed that I pitched that piece of paper & now my pen isn't quite whole anymore. I'm a guy, I don't look at directions unless I absolutely have to.

Note3. I was going to suggest that you try and see if the Bluetooth setting sees your pen button so you can pair it. That's what hangs up a lot of people from getting their purple pen button to work.

OP
N

note3

I'm still not clear. Are you saying the button battery for you pen was DOA and just replacing the battery got you up and running?
Yes, I had to replace the dead 2 little batteries (because the bloothoth scenario did not help).