What's new

Trouble Downloading Office on SP3

omega1234

I'm getting an error on both chrome and IE when trying to download office on my new SP3. There error I'm getting is saying that the page cannot be found. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It should already have a version installed, all you need to do is enter the Key and it will finish setup, launch Word and tell it you have a Key.....or you will need to uninstall the Trial Version and the error should go away....

OP
O

omega1234

It should already have a version installed, all you need to do is enter the Key and it will finish setup, launch Word and tell it you have a Key.....or you will need to uninstall the Trial Version and the error should go away....
Unfortunately this did not work, but thanks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately this did not work, but thanks.

Which part didn't work? Let's start over, which version of Office did you purchase from Amazon? Did you get a Product Activation Key or is this a shrink wrapped version? Did Amazon instruct you to use Microsoft's Site or is it in their Digital Locker for download?

Other issues that can prevent the install, If you have a pending reboot from Updates no other installs can happen, if there is another install happening in the background (look in Task Manager for msiexec running).

OP
O

omega1234

Which part didn't work? Let's start over, which version of Office did you purchase from Amazon? Did you get a Product Activation Key or is this a shrink wrapped version? Did Amazon instruct you to use Microsoft's Site or is it in their Digital Locker for download?

Other issues that can prevent the install, If you have a pending reboot from Updates no other installs can happen, if there is another install happening in the background (look in Task Manager for msiexec running).
I ordered 2013 Home and Student digital download for PC and amazon directed me to Microsoft's site to download it.

leeshor

Uninstall the Office that's on your system now, all of it, then restart and try the same site again. Should work.

leeshor

The problem with the trial is that it usually has lots of what Microsoft offers and far more than what many people need or want. Look through everything to be certain all of Office is removed then check on the drive to see if you see an Office install folder, (after everything is uninstalled and you did a restart), and delete that as well.